Dazed and confused with Matrix Reborn and Fun7

cardconfused

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax
My Location
UAE
Hi, as you can expect i'm a newbie with CAM's and cards, so forgive my questions. I've read a lot but still no answers for my queries below. Hope someone is willing to help a lost soul or point them in the right direction.

For a hobby (no i'm not expecting to be able crack or input keys for paid services) i ordered a Matrix Reborn and a Funcard 7 (since it had the largest memory) from an online shop in order to upgrade the firmware on the Martix Reloaded. The card i recieved is a T-Rex loader card which apparently is infact a Funcard 7. So here are the questions.

1. Can i use the T-Rex Fun7 to update the firmware on the Martix Reborn CAM ?

2. Do i really need to change the firmware on the Matrix CAM from ZCAS 1.1 (factory installed firmware) to UCAS 3.2 ? I bought the card to use my original Irdeto card in but as i hobby i like keeping up with latest firmware and generally tinkering. So do people suggest i stay with ZCAS or change to UCAS ? I've heard people say ZCAS 1.1. is buggy and you get freezes every now and then, so i'd like to have UCAS on it as there seems to be more community based ongoing and regular development.

3. I have an infinity usb unlimited meant to program the card (and ultimately program the CAS firmware) and it seems to recogonize the card as a Dragon Loader card ? This is all very confusing. Did i get shipped the wrong card ? Is it a Dragon or T-Rex or Funcard ? Or is that all different manufacturers of the same card type ?

4. When i look at the latest mrb firmware, i see mrb3xx_1024_1_0.hex and mrb3xx_1024_2_0.hex. However there are 3 input boxes for firmware files, i'm guessing the first is the firmware for the card itself, so do i choose the dragon card firmware built in the usb unlimited software and write that to the card ?

Thanks for any help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There are a lot of different questions posted and hopefully they can all be answered, in time, by other members with this cam, but I'll try my best to answer a couple of the questions.
First the Dragon/T-Rex Cam has 2 types of loader card, the first is a Fun Card 7, also known as a Prussian Card 5, this will have Fun 7 written on it, and can be programmed, by the Infinity, as DragonloaderCard (AVR).
The second is a PIC f84a loader card, which is usually programmed in Phoenix mode, but the Infinity software allows it to be programmed in normal mode and reads it as DragonloaderCard (PIC).
If your Infinity programmer recognises your card as a DragonloaderCard (PIC) then it is a PIC F84a type.
The Matrix Reborn is updated using .bin files and the latest is MRB312 with latest Cabo keys and D+'s 3rd update.
Most people use a Cas 2 or 3 programmer, to program this Cam, earlier Matrix cams could be updated using fun cards, and even PCMCIA slots on laptops, but there doesn't seem to be much information on the reborn Cam, it isn't one of the later new generation cams, like the Diablo or even the Dragon, and didn't seem that popular, even compared with the earlier Matrix Cams.
The earlier Matrix Cams could also update the keys using the receivers remote and options in the menu, I think they were the first to do this, and others have followed, you could check the menu to see if this is possible with this cam.
These cams have recently had a brief revival, due to MCT s_x channels being opened, but as they have now been closed, the Cams aren't of much use, with most people owning better Cams or patched receivers.
I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you much with this cam, if no one else can help further perhaps you should get in touch with your supplier, for advice on updating it with the equipment he sold you.
I'll keep searching for more information, and please keep us updated with your progress.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I have just found a Matrix File converter programme that should help, here's what it claims to do:
"This is a great program that coverts the Matrix Bin files to Upd and then to Funcard
It will work for the Bin files for Matrix Reloaded, Revolutions, and Reborn Cams"

I have uploaded it for you to try
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/wjuel4
There is a read me file and some helpful screen shot images that should get you started.
Good luck.

cardconfused

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax
My Location
UAE
Thanks Mickha,you've given me the kick start i needed and a lot of useful (hopefully to others also) information about the reborn and fun7 cards.

Much appreciated. I will tinker and see what happens.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
That's why Mickha's a mod. He's a good bod. :D