Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
Managed to get DB500s flashed with Gemini image and Cccam thanks to advice found on this forum. Many thanks.
My sat system is set up for/in my motorhome, and I am wondering if its possible to use a laptop as the TV screen and if so, what do I need to connect the Dreambox to the laptop.
The idea being that if I have no 240V supply to hook the Motorhome up to in order to run my LCD TV, I could run the DB off the 12V system and my laptop off its internal Battery.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

firestorm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1000D Prodelin 2.4M Dreambox 7025 1.2m channel master
My Location
LAND OF PIES
do you have the internet in your motorhome? If so you could use tuxvision or simlar program and stream to your dream box(if you dont have internet you could network your 500s and laptop with an Ethernet cable)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

A simple watch the Dreambox on your PC is to use a web browser. You'll probably need to install VLC (VideoLAN) on your laptop and make sure the ActiveX component is installed or it won't work.

To connect the laptop and Dreambox you can either try connecting them directly with a crossover cable or connect them both to a router (the 500s using CAT5 cable and the laptop either wireless if the router is wireless or a CAT5 cable).

How long does the battery last in your laptop?

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
Thanks for the reply. I will try the crossover cable and let you know what happens. Laptop battery should be good for a couple of hours. The laptop senario is only a temp measure for the odd occcations when we cannot get a 240 v supply on a campsite. Although we like to go touring! we still like to have a few luxuries!!!