DB700 setup?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
I am new to this multi satellite system stuff, and i am having a system installed on Sunday (3rd Oct), including a dreambox 7000. I have a few questions?

When the guys leave after installing it, what can i expect to receive without subscriptions?
is there anything i should do straight away to make it better.

i will be networking it to this PC, and expect to get a few problems... as you always do networking most things. what software is best to use for connectivity?

how do i go about unlocking most of the channels (i was told the dragon cam+card was best).

i know its a lot of questions, but my worst nightmare will be having all this new equipment to play with sunday night, and not getting anything

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I would suggest you do a bit of reading on the Dreambox section. I don't mean that to sound nasty but it will help you a lot. The Dreambox does not need cams or cards. It uses emulator programs running on the box to decode not cams and cards. I am surprised you bought the box not knowing that - it is the reason most of us buy Dreamboxes, no more money to spend on cams, cards and programmers.

Did the installer recommend a Dreambox?
Is he installing it with an original image or not?
I would recommend the Hydra B1 image. I have found it the most stable yet on my box. You can upgrade the emu's and keys straight of the internet so you should be watching stuff very soon with it.
Maybe worth ringing your installer and asking and asking which image is on the box. If he ask's which you want say "Hydra B1 please" it is excellent for us new Dreamers.

Neil

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
cheers, i will ring him then. and cancel the dragon card and cam, aswell as the programmer... thats £179 saved straight away.
i am i little confused to why he would sell me all them, knowing i wouldnt need them ummm?
either he was trying to make some more money.... or he doesnt actually know much about em? in which case, he will not know about the image you mentioned

will ring anyway, cheers neil

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
No problem. I only charge a 10% commision on savings made.
Who is your installer? I am not that far away from you - near Accrington.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
http://www.satellitewarehouse.co.uk
although i didnt buy it online i called in the shop.... which is not called satellite warehouse for some reason???

Vision Northwest Satellite Centre

ive ordered......
Dreambox 7000s £299
1.1 m Dish +LNB £109
Motor £100
Installation £150

i did ask for a dragon Cam and Card £100 .... but i dont think i need em now lol
and a programmer that was £65... dunno the name, was one thats compatible with the DB and programs cams, cards and the box?

think i will cancel them and buy a authentic ART card... seeing as no-one knows how to get round their encryption. ive seen them online for £79

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
You will need someone more knowledgable than me to tell you if you can just stick the Art card into a Dreambox