Decoding Free-x TV Help

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi All,

The Satlellite chappy has now connected me up to my satellite - I can track to
Hotbird etc.

I have tried selecting free-x TV but it does not descramble.

I have the Hydra 1.08 final image installed which I believe has the Free-x TV Emu installed.

Please help me.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Couldn't get that working either I'm afraid, do you have a separate Emulator for that?

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hiya - I have hydra 1.08 final on my Dreambox 7000.

I really would like to test it so that I know that I am doing the right things with the installed cams - which my box says that I have six of.

Is there a X channel that I could try it on that you know works for sure with this image?

I am not sure how the stick and unstick options all work yet.

Please help.

Thanks

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
zanders said:
Hiya - I have hydra 1.08 final on my Dreambox 7000.

I really would like to test it so that I know that I am doing the right things with the installed cams - which my box says that I have six of.

Is there a X channel that I could try it on that you know works for sure with this image?

I am not sure how the stick and unstick options all work yet.

Please help.

Thanks
I posted on the stick/unstick options a week or so ago I think. It's awful, but it does work.

Also, I have a feeling that Rolfw's right, I seem to remember a separate CAM is available. Use the emu download function, but update the control panel before you use it. :D

Still don't think it works though!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try any of the Prima Filas at about this time of night, or the multivisions. :)

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Are those two channels on Hotbird?

Sorry if its a dumb question but I am just getting back into the satelite arena.

Thanks again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes they are. Both are groups of channels.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Sorry guys - I know I am being impatient but I have a new toy, you know what its like.

I cannot descramble the prima or multivions.

Well I can descramble the preview prima or multivisions but thats it.

I notice that I have the free-x tv cam selected - I am guessing that this is probably wrong.

IS there a list of what soft-cam for what channel???

Thanks.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I have just the Standard hydra 1.08 final image on my dreambox - I have not downloaded any additional keys or cams.

Should I still be able to open certain channels because I cannot really unlock anything.

I do not have a crossover cable yet so it will mean disconnecting my dreambox and taking it upstairs tio connect to the lan to do the update.

Any help would be much appreciated.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Have you tried the rucannon5 image.This has keys built in.I had the same problem before i had my box connected to the net, but rucannon5 worked fine without updating anything ;)

http://www.dreambox.net.au/firmware.php

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I was clearing Free-X TV this morning using latest Hydra Olympia ( it worked with Atlantis as well ). I was using the Scam emu. By the way the new Ragecast ( oops i think it is spelt wrong ) is decoding conax and seca 2 now so I only need to use it for almost everthing ( except Free-X TV ).

I just installed image. Updated control centre ( from blue button menu ) then updated Scam and Ragecast emu's and finally updated keys.

Neil

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The Atlantis image will do what you want, but it's definitely a good idea to update everything including the control panel. Do that first, then the cams, then the keys. You will have to update all images at some point. Just update the cams you want, but definitely get newcamd and scam updated. Either one does evertything on D+ and Sly it (incl prima fila).

Find my other post on sticking, then set the default to either newcamd or scam.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hiya Guys - well I disconnected the dreambox and took it upstairs to connect it to the LAn.

I did the update and I now have 9 softcams installed, I also updated the keys file.

I still cant decrypt free-x tv or spice platinum - I get the messge unable to access service or something like this.

I am still playing with the sticky cams which I dont think I have completley got right yet - I know how to change the cams but I seem to only be able to do it by setting both buttons to stick - it then works.

Thanks.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Free x working fine for me when i looked earlier :) using rucannon 5 image with scam file.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hiya Lee,

With rucannon can you decode all the other channels like prima,multivision and kiosk etc?

I am trying to get my Lan sorted into the front room to make it easier, I think I will load the program that allows you to boot to any image.

I have only had the system connected for about a day so I am still getting into it.

Thanks.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi
I can decode prima channels,Taquilla channels,multivision and free-x tv and also full-x tv.Kiosk (1w) isnt working...maybe they changed keys...but i had it working the other day.

Newcamd 5.14 clears prima channels,multivision and Taq channels

Scam c/s clears free-x and full-x

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well just to keep the record straight, I can't open free-x or full-x with any emu on my Atlantis 1.08 at the moment with scam, newcamd or the dedicated free-x cam I found.

STICK

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Yep I think I have the same access as STICK,

I can decode,

Kiosk,Multivision and Prima but stuck on the other channels.

I have 9 soft cams installed - is that the same for you Stick?

Lee - have you tried rucannon 6??

I am just curious about loading a new image?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
From what ive seen on other boards rucannon6 isnt very stable.People have been having probs with it crashing, so im sticking with 5 at the minute.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
zanders said:
I have 9 soft cams installed - is that the same for you Stick?
I have 10 at the moment, but I downloaded them all from the control panel (though I have been patching keys and transponder details etc. manually).

I've still got a lot of stuff I want to do with Atlantis, including backing up my customised configuration to my LAN. If I were to do Atlantis from scratch, I would only have SCAM and newcamd loaded to save space and help stability.

To be honest, I'm not interested in all the Free/Full stuff. There is way more stuff than you could possibly watch elsewhere!

Would be nice to have it working from the technical point of view though.
Can't understand yet why it works on one image, and not another.... something funny going on here. No time to investigate though, playing with video format conversion this week!