Decoding Problems.....

Yammer1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Hi All

I recently purchased a Vi***ess red cam for my Humax CI-5100 receiver. I've programmed a gold wafer using both the barracuda and z10 files using multiprog with Elvis. My problem is with the A*sat channels. I've noticed that when viewing these channels, sometimes the screen will go blank and a msg will appear saying "Initialising CI Module.....". This lasts for 5-10 seconds, then disappears and returns to the channel again.

Could someone help pinpoint the problem for me? The red cam is v4.84. Is there a problem with the cam? Does the problem lie with the 5100's compatibility with this cam? Does this version of the cam have problems with gold cards and/or files? Basically, is this annoying message caused by the cam, the 5100, the card and the way it's programmed, or is this simply something i can expect when using pi**te cards?

Thanks

Yammer1

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A number of receivers suffer from momentary channel loss when using the Red Viaccess Cams

Usually a later firmware update will help if not cure the difficulty

Have you checked the Humax site for specific questions of CI access with your model ?

Yammer1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Thanks for the info. After your suggestion, I have e-mailed Humax to see if they have any answers.

With regards to firmware, I believe my 5100 to have the latest firmware onboard. Is there a more recent upgrade for the CAM available on Hotbird, and if so, would it help?

Yammer1

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Did the problem occur with earlier firmware? would downgrading the firmware possibly fix the problem? or would you lose too much in the process? have you checked the connections? sometimes its a simple solution.