Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Can anyone advise please of what channels are usually used to activate the Sky Card. So when Sky sends signal to activate card, what channels are usually need to have the reciever tuned to. Can you be as specific as possible. Also, as for the new pace software the 430 what channels are used to updsate the reciever.
Thank u

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that everything comes down on the default transponder 11778 V, if you can receive this then you are fine. The card activation seems to come down whichever channel you are watching, the box just needs to be on and out of standby.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
powel000 said:
Can anyone advise please of what channels are usually used to activate the Sky Card. So when Sky sends signal to activate card, what channels are usually need to have the reciever tuned to. Can you be as specific as possible. Also, as for the new pace software the 430 what channels are used to updsate the reciever.

Just make sure you can receive a default transponder...It doesnt necessarily have to be 11778V...You could use 12207V which is recieved easily from all over europe.
Skybox can receive OTA updates as long as it can recieve a default transponder signal.
If you wish to force a software download..MAKE SURE you can pick up 11778V ;)

iceman

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Assuming you cant reciever the above two beams 11778V or 12207V. Does that mean no activation, or the reciever can be tuned to any channel. Thanks for the help

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
powel000 said:
Assuming you cant reciever the above two beams 11778V or 12207V. Does that mean no activation, or the reciever can be tuned to any channel. Thanks for the help

If you cannot even tune to 12207V then your box wont be able to download the channel listings in order to be able to boot up. ;)
You must be able to tune into a default transponder for the box to bootup.

iceman

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
12441V is another possibility for the default transponder, and it's the one we use on the Costa Blanca.

I completely agree with the advice about forced downloads. These always use 11778V as far as I can tell, and people have ruined otherwise good boxes when forcing a download with 11778V non-receivable.

paulkelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
with l
My Location
somewhere
i live in the canary isles and the only freq we can use out here 12207v
all down loads will happen on this freq

if using card registered in uk just ring and reactivate
if you need a card ...order a freeview card to uk addy then activate when you got the card from your mates house back in uk ...they will take any uk bank account for d.d

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
iceman said:
If you wish to force a software download..MAKE SURE you can pick up 11778V ;)

Ah, I didn't know this.

So if I wanted to do a FULL SYSTEM RESET (Press SERVICES then 4 - 0 - 1 - SELECT and choose FULL SYSTEM RESET), would I need to have a signal from 11778V or would one of the other default transponders do?

I'm in Tenerife with a 90cm dish and don't get the default of 11778

I ask this as I may need to do a full system reset in the future!

(I could take my box to a shop and connect it to their 3M dish to do this I suppose.)

Id be very grateful if someone could answer this question for me.

ta
Makum

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
FULL SYSTEM RESET is one thing forcing software download is another...
Do not attempt to force downlaod software if you dont know the difference..
Get a professional or someone with experience and a good signal on 11778V to force downlaod software for you...

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
so Im safe to do a full system reset without a signal to 11778v then?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
makum101 said:
so Im safe to do a full system reset without a signal to 11778v then?

Yes,you are safe.

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Many thnaks for the info.

So whats the difference between the two?

I did a full system reset back in the Uk and it put up a bar like it was formatting. (I think it mentioned Housekeeping) which one did I do?

jacko

Reaction score
hi,
i¨m in tenerife,
set up my mates sky box on tuesday night.
use default transponder 11740.
left it on sky news,and his card got
activated on wednesday afternoon.

tintoria1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS430n
OS version 1.2S4F9
EPG SW version 3.3a.6
Freesat + NASN
85cm dish motorized
My Location
Rome, Italy
Very interesting post. I had read on an other forum that default transponder 11778 was mandatory to receive activation but I see here people proving otherwise.

I'm trying to activate a freesat card which also includes the NASN package but have failed over the past few days even though several calls have been made to both sky and NASN. They both say that the card should be active by now because several signals have been sent. I have communicated the information about the box for the "marriage".

I cannot receive 11778 and in order to boot the decoder I chose 12207 as default transponder, and left the box on on sky news. I'm told that when the activation is ok then also channels 103/104/105 appears in the EPG where they are now missing. Unfortunately, the activation has failed so far.

Given my configuration would you say there may be anything else wrong ?
Thank you.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
tintoria1 said:
I'm trying to activate a freesat card which also includes the NASN package but have failed over the past few days even though several calls have been made to both sky and NASN. They both say that the card should be active by now because several signals have been sent.

Was your card issued for the box you are trying to activate it in?If not,you are wasting your time..once activated freesat cards work in any box but they can only be activated in the box they were issued to by SKY.

tintoria1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS430n
OS version 1.2S4F9
EPG SW version 3.3a.6
Freesat + NASN
85cm dish motorized
My Location
Rome, Italy
iceman said:
Was your card issued for the box you are trying to activate it in?If not,you are wasting your time..once activated freesat cards work in any box but they can only be activated in the box they were issued to by SKY.

The card was issued even before I had the box....so certainly not. But when called for the activation and given both the box and card numbers, why sky did not mention this ? Anyways, if this is the prolem, then I can return the card to the dealers I bought it from and have it reissued...
By the way, is it ok to have freesat and NASN on the same card ? Mine is one of those with the yellow house. Thank you.

**** EDIT *****
I put my mobile in private and I called freesat pretending I wanted to buy the card but had not received my box yet. They said no problem and that I could get the card now, and then, after receiving the box, call sky for activation.... so I don't think the card is actually issued for a specific box. Any thoughts ?
**** END EDIT *****

tintoria1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS430n
OS version 1.2S4F9
EPG SW version 3.3a.6
Freesat + NASN
85cm dish motorized
My Location
Rome, Italy
jacko said:
hi,
i¨m in tenerife,
set up my mates sky box on tuesday night.
use default transponder 11740.
left it on sky news,and his card got
activated on wednesday afternoon.

Jacko, would you please confirm that in the situation you described above, you could not receive at all 11778 and that the card was not indeed already active (like you did not have 103/104/105 in the epg)? Did you also receive the epg update which shows the initially missing channels?

Thank you.

jacko

Reaction score
hello tintoria 1,
i have to reset my old mans sky box about once a fortnight,due
to power cuts/interuptions on his complex .everytime the power comes back on
he has 11778 showing as his default transponder and cannot pick up any signal.
after i enter 11740,then go down to manual tuning ,the signal and all the channels
come back.my mates card was new and was not activated when he first received
it.i haven¨t seen my mate recently but i presume that everything is now ok with his
card or he would have contacted me.
also try default transponder 12051 ,this one also worked but i haven¨t tried it
for a while. good luck.

bk_man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z + DISEQ 4 switch, + 12V Switch + Diseq 2 Switch allowing 6 LNBS - Hotbird, Astra, Astra2D, Hyspasat, Thor, Telecom 2d

Sky Digital - Astra2d

Telecom 2D SkyDsl
My Location
Germany
If your a trader you can also use a dialer to activate cards via the phone line, _http://www.smart2check.com/digidialler.htm they'll give traders 50% off the list price... :D

But if your doing it manually calling sky is relatively safe from overseas using a mobile and with-holding your ID..

I use this method to get box office movies...

bk_man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z + DISEQ 4 switch, + 12V Switch + Diseq 2 Switch allowing 6 LNBS - Hotbird, Astra, Astra2D, Hyspasat, Thor, Telecom 2d

Sky Digital - Astra2d

Telecom 2D SkyDsl
My Location
Germany
The cards are paired with a specifc sky digibox, until they are activated they are not paired to any box - so this leaves you free to get the box before the card or vice versa.. Once activated the cards can only be used in that digibox - trying to use them in other digiboxes lead to some issues..