Desperate for extra channels

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
willstone24 said:
Hi Sharkadder, why is there never a simple solution wouldnt it be nice if we could get all of the channels from all of the satellties through a broadband connection. How easy would that be, I think there should be huge dishes erected in fields to provide the feeds, which are then sent down the Broadband to distribution points.

Naaah, its much more fun mucking about with dishes. I have cable TV to watch, but that's too easy.

T

thedavid

willstone24 said:
Hi All,

New guy on the block here ! I have a sky dish pointing in the usual place, and really want to get hotbird and Astra 19E to get some additional channels, problem is I cannot put a bigger dish up due to it being on the front of my house (current mini dish) and I dont fancy putting an 80CM up in place of it as it would cause naighbour issues and my wife said I am not allowed ! So can I put a dish in my loft facing in the right direction ? Will it work through the tiles or will the Fe(iron) in the tiles prevent the signal from making it through ? If this works it will be a god send as I can view all the channels and no-one will know I have an additional dish ?
any help greatly appreciated, only other option is ground mount in the back garden but then I think my houe would be in the way as the front of the house is South facing, so putting it in the back garden would mean I would need to mount it fairly high on a pole I would have thought ? As I said I am new to all this but deserate for some guidance before I blow lotsof money on something that wil not work !!

Cheers chaps
Will

What's it got to do with your neighbours if you put a satellite dish in your garden? If you use gorbtrack, you can check where in your garden you could place a dish and at what height.

blueboyrio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5200USB Echolink, 80cm dish and a motor
My Location
Blue Planet
Hi, I got my dish from a council estate! They were about to be demolished and I saw more the 5 dishes in on side, differents sizes and LNB. So I went there and asked the builders to remove one dish. There were already few dishes on the skip destroyed. Very sad.