Desperate for help with moteck n 90cm dish.

SELECTRIX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C-tech 2100 1ci 1card reader 90cm dish sg2100 motor mount.

Athlon xp64 win XP
My Location
Nr Derby
I'm having major problems trying to figure out how to get the angle on the dish bracket scale.

The mount scale for my latitude (52) i've set fine.

Its the dish bracket n declination angle i cant get.

The dish has a scale 0 to 60 degrees on the bracket.-the 0 side of this scale is nearest the motor, the 60 nearest the dish.

When setting the angle as you look side on at scale do you count the angle to-

the downward stick of the letter Y which is visible through the adjustment slide?

the right hand edge of the adjustment nut?

or the left hand edge of the adjustment nut?

according to the motor manual for my latitude the dish bracket angle minus the declination should be 22.5 degrees-is this correct?

I'd really appreciate your help with these points, also if someone could post a close up photo of their dish scale to aid me in this it would be extremely usefull.

Many Many thanks in advance

Selectrix :-doh! < me at the minute

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The scales on dishes vary from make to make Selectrix, seeing a photo of yours would probably be a better idea. :)

You can do all of this with just a rough setting, as then you can use the receiver signal reading on a portable TV to zero the dish on Thor 1 West, you would need to move the whole assembly on the mast and the dish elevation only to find it.

SELECTRIX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C-tech 2100 1ci 1card reader 90cm dish sg2100 motor mount.

Athlon xp64 win XP
My Location
Nr Derby
Thanks for the reply.

I have a problem tho rolf-well more than 1 actually.

I am in a wheelchair so not able to do all this myself.

i may not be physically able to get thor because there is a large hill behind my house.

We do have sky so know can get sats

Last weekend we did setup dish bracket was what i considered to be wrong way up but after loads of hassle managed to get astra2,3,1 and hotbird. but i knew i was not on the arc right so this weekend i got dish taken down
turned bracket on dish other way up n set motor mount exactly on the right scale in its bracket.

I then wanted to set scale on dish as per instructions/calculators etc.

Cant find anythin at all now-i'm sure its jus the dish elevation thats out

Any further ideas?

Maybe because of site location cuz of hill etc i'll never be able to hit the arc but would be good to get the sats back i had last week.

Thanks for yr help

Selectrix

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, in which case, if you know that you can see Hotbird, set up the dish and motor to the correct settings (as close as you can), go into the receiver DiseqC menu, set for USALS (putting in your coordinates) and send the motor to Hotbird. Then get your friend/installer to do as I said above, but for Hotbird. :)