Device to attenuate incoming signal

D

dave branson

Regular Member
Messages
316
Likes
0
My Location
Florence Italy
#1
I am getting cross channel interference on Astra 2D(bbc)last night i fitted an in line 10dB attenunator which improved the signal greatly,(no clicks and double phasing)somewhere i read you could buy an adjustable device to install in line can anyone tell me the supplier of these devices.?
 
G

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
306
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
#2
dave branson said:
I am getting cross channel interference on Astra 2D(bbc)last night i fitted an in line 10dB attenunator which improved the signal greatly,(no clicks and double phasing)somewhere i read you could buy an adjustable device to install in line can anyone tell me the supplier of these devices.?
I think you really need to first identify exactly what the interference is, and where it emanates from. Are you sure it isn't locally generated such as
from electrical appliances, mobile fones or cellnet masts, VCRs, terrestrial
TV stations, etc etc?
Geoff
 
D

dave branson

Regular Member
Messages
316
Likes
0
My Location
Florence Italy
#3
geoffreys said:
I think you really need to first identify exactly what the interference is, and where it emanates from. Are you sure it isn't locally generated such as
from electrical appliances, mobile fones or cellnet masts, VCRs, terrestrial
TV stations, etc etc?
Geoff
Thanks for your reply Geoff,
Nothing like that where i live,I am convinced its the strong signals from Astra
2A group which is swamping the rather weak signals from 2D.
 
G

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
306
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
#4
dave branson said:
Thanks for your reply Geoff,
Nothing like that where i live,I am convinced its the strong signals from Astra
2A group which is swamping the rather weak signals from 2D.
OK Dave, all noted. Sounds like you need some form of bandpass filter, but I not sure who could supply one.
Geoff
 
B

barney

Regular Member
Messages
115
Likes
0
#5
dave branson said:
Thanks for your reply Geoff,
Nothing like that where i live,I am convinced its the strong signals from Astra
2A group which is swamping the rather weak signals from 2D.

I can confirm.
I have 100mt of cable from my 3.00 mt dish and receiver.in this mode i can get some frequency from astra 2a north beam, otherwise no signal!!!!
(no signal from astra 2d)
Ciao
 
Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,894
Likes
3,341
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#6
barney said:
I can confirm.
I have 100mt of cable from my 3.00 mt dish and receiver.in this mode i can get some frequency from astra 2a north beam, otherwise no signal!!!!
(no signal from astra 2d)
Ciao
Hi barney
It is worth checking the whole length of the cable and making sure you are using a good quality cable, since if it is damaged or poor quality cable this will degrade the signal considerably. Did you purchase and lay the cable yourself ???
 
B

barney

Regular Member
Messages
115
Likes
0
#7
toppervte33h said:
Hi barney
It is worth checking the whole length of the cable and making sure you are using a good quality cable, since if it is damaged or poor quality cable this will degrade the signal considerably. Did you purchase and lay the cable yourself ???
I have tried with 5 mt of Rg59, original from original sky digital installer.
Nothing to do.There is more signal and the tuner is swamped...
i ve tried difference sizes, this is the best for to get c4 and sky sports news in my area.
Ciao
Barney
 
Top