Diablo Light Cam

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentech ODS3000Ci Digital Satellite Receiver twin CI,
Diablo Light Cam,
80 cm Prime Focus Dish, HH140ALU Manhattan Motor, GTSAT GT-S40 LNB - NF 0.2db.
My Location
Malta
Greetings!

I have the above cam and would like to be able to program it myself, but it seems on the face of it quite a task, because the steps are as usual confusing due to heavy use of jargon.

I am a total beginner only having this system for a little over a week, which worked great and then channels began to disappear. I was told this cam was great because it self updated! obviously it does not update what I thought it did, hence I have a few questions which some expert hopefully can throw some light on the problem.

Question 1.
What does the cam auto update if anything?

Question 2.
Can I get hold of a PCMCIA Slot that I can fit to my plain desktop computer using a usb or pci slot?

Question 3.
If I can get such a slot which one do I need a 16bit or 32bit and where do I buy it from in the UK?

Question 4.
Having got this PCMCIA slot on my system I suppose I will then need the following:

A Cas Interface from Duolabs I suppose Cas Interface 3 would be the best one to buy.

Is there anything else I need apart from the knowledge to enable me to penetrate the jargon and get the job done?

Thanks in advance.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You need a Cas 2 or Cas 3 to program the Cam, I would recommend the Cas 3+, this unit works using just a USB connection and not only can program your Diablo, but also other cams, including the Dragon Cam, and can program cards.
If you have Stealth 205 loaded D+, Cabo and TPS are all AU, which Stealth have you currently got loaded?
You can update the keys using the cams menu and your receivers remote control.

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Thanks for the information Mickha, I have the Stealth 2.05 loaded, that is what came with the cam as I've no idea of how to upgrade to the latest version 2.06.

How is it done by the remote control? just for now until I am able to buy the Cas Interface 3 in the near future.

I've got to go out for a few hours I'll check the thread and give all the answers you need when I get back. Sorry family life and all that!

Thanks again Mickha

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Stealth 206 is no longer needed, this upgrade was for Digi TV and that package is not currently available so you have the best stealth already loaded.
Stealth 205 will open D+, TPS and Cabo without needing to update the keys, so the main key update is for Premiere, 19.2E, and maybe SRG Swiss, on hotbird.
To update Premiere, go into the Cams menu.
Click on Keys.
List Keys Edit.
Nagravision 2.
000501 Premiere.
There you will see 2 key options, 86 & 96, 86=key 00, 96=Key 01.
The new key is key 01 so click on 96, and click on the key.
Now you have 2 options, Hex or Dec, entering the decimal key is quicker but either option works.
Stealth software has been known to have problems when manually entering keys, which is why it's easier to update the keys.bin file using a Cas programmer, but it's worth trying manually.

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Thanks again Mickah,

My ODS3000ci is a second hand unit and it seems it will not save all the satellite data and dish positions. I have ordered the new Manhattan receiver and I'm told it will be around six weeks before delivery. So at the moment I have access to:

Hispasat 1B-1D Nagravision
Nilesat 101,102 Irdeto

So I guess until the other receiver arrives I can't do much unless the keys
Nagravision and Irdeto can be updated, this goes to show my ignorance about these matters :-doh2

I shall file away your information for reference.

Anyway your input is great and I thank you very much for your expertise.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hispasat, at 30W, carries both Digital +, and Cabo, packages both of which can be opened by the Diablo.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/atlantic.html
Click on the relevant package links for full channel information.
Both D+ and Cabo should be AU on the Diablo providing you have the configuration set correctly, try these settings:
Go into the Menu.
Click on Configuration.
Set the Caid files to Astra 1
Set Auto PMT to (ON)
Emulators (ON)
Emulators priority 1-Emu 2-Cards
And leave your receiver on one of the channels for a few minutes, and they should open.

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Thanks Mickah,

Tried that with the cam config and it did not bring in any channel, but I think I know why, here's the story...

This morning when I checked the dish I found the the co-ax cable which connects the LNB to the Motor had been pulled out of the F-connector because it had been snagged by the dish mounting bolt as it moved from one satellite to another.

I replaced the co-ax and made certain that it could not snag again, by the way this was installed by a qualified installer, not me.

Could it be that the motor has been damaged by this snag? I don't know how these motors work and if they have a strong gear chain or not.

I can receive all the FTA channels on Nilesat 101,102, signal strength seems to be okay on that satellite. Can't receive any of the scrambled channels as they are Irdeto and have now dropped out.

Now on Hispasat I get nothing, not even the free to air and the signal seems low, colour blue and not yellow like the other satellite, so it seems that the alignment may have been affected.

What is your opinion?

Sorry to be a pain in the rear end Mickah but it seems my satellite guy is too busy to answer his phone and therefore is of no use to me at all.

P.S. are you sure in the cam config it has to be set to Astra 1 as it was set to caids orginally and it worked, but putting it back to original setting did not work anyway. All other settings were okay and set as you suggested. My receiver does not save any settings for Astra, which is my reason for buying a new receiver later this month.

Regards

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It sounds like your dish has been knocked out of alignment and may need setting up from scratch.
Is your mount still perfectly vertical?
As it was professionally installed they should return and fix the problem for you, but if you can gain access to the dish yourself there are a lot of guides, on the site, to aid you to carry out a bit of DIY.
You might be able to pick up a signal, on Hispasat, by nudging the dish slightly, using your motor.
Altering the Caid file isn't really necessary it just helps with some receivers.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
what,is the difrents,of the cas 3,and the newer cas 3 plus,interface?

i have wt moment diablo light cam with soft 1,6 or 1,5
and it does not support orginal viacces card?
should it supportet?

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Hi Mickha,

Thanks again, yes the mount is still vertical. The installer has just been and is baffling me with jargon and science. But if I understand correctly he said there is no point in adjusting the dish yet because next week he will have the new Manhattan receiver in stock and he will do all the adjustments when he installs the receiver. I suppose he is right, no point in doing it twice. He also said he can give me showtime but I will lose D+, Cabo and TPS as there is not enough memory on the cam for them three plus showtime. I said how come I had all three plus showtime before, more baffling statements was given and that was that he left.

Sorry Turok I have no idea I'm just a complete beginner with this stuff, I would start your own thread if you can't find any information on your problem using the search facility.

Rgds

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Your installer is wrong, with the Diablo light you can get all the channels, it is just that Stealth 206 has a bug that stopped AU working, on D+ and Cabo, but you can still insert the keys manually, and Stealth 206 was for Digi TV, so I think your supplier is a little confused.
I am also a little concerned by his attitude, as setting the dish up now will not affect a new receiver, unless the problem isn't with the dish but the receiver needs re-setting.
The Cas 3 + has support for programming smart cards, that I don't think the Cas 3 had.

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Thanks Mickha, I believe you. As you say he's seems a little confused. I think I'd better do more research and get rid of this ignorance because it could cost me a fortune if I remain uneducated about these systems, however it does seem like a steep learning curve. I will now go to find out how to convert these keys from hex to decimal so that I can enter them with my remote. Next month I will buy the cas 3+ and maybe by that time I'll will have learned a lot more....

Thanks for your patience and understanding to this novice.

Regards and best wishes.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West

catmar

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo Light Cam,
My Location
Malta
Okay Mickha, downloading the converter now. I have been reading the tutorials but not fully understood all details yet.

Thanks for info.

rgds

rocklands

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star HD
My Location
Oxford
Hi
I am new to programming I have just purchased a diablo light cam does anyone know if it possible to program this with a infinity unlimited programmer and a titanium 2 card.
I already use the infinity with a dragon cam
I have a technomate CI 1500 + and a Fortec Star Passion HD Satellite Receiver
Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
To program the Diablo light you require either a Cas 2 or Cas 3 programmer.
A Cas 3 + programmer would be a good investment, as this can program Cams, and cards, allowing you to sell your Infinity programmer.

rocklands

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star HD
My Location
Oxford
Thanks Mickha I have purchased the Cas interface 3 plus today and I will try and program the diablo

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello !
at moment,i have no cas 3 interface,what is the difrents,between,die Cas 3 Plus Version?
and how ,can i programm the modul,over the simcard holder,that i see on the top surface,where,i can get an emty simcard,programible,with smartmouse interface,over adapter?
and,then its not nesersary,to buy,a cas 3,maybe,the simcard option,they chiaper way?
but,where,i can get,this stuff?

also,it would be intresting,to hear,some infos,of the diablo cam wireless,works it good?
and,what,is the maximum range,of the wireless signal?
what sending,freqency,is using?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The Diablo light can only be programmed with the Cas 2 or Cas 3, the cam slides into the Cas programmer the same as a CI slot on your receiver.
The sim card reader is probably like the old Dragon 4.1 twin cam and for the INXTC access 9 card.
The Cas 3 + has a card programmer as well as the Cam programmer.
The wireless version can be updated via the base unit, but I haven't seen any technical specifications regarding the frequency it uses, or the maximum distance it can function.
Check out our sponsors for where to buy it.

rocklands

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star HD
My Location
Oxford
Hi Mickha

I have loaded the diablo light cam with Stealth 2.06 using the cas 3 interface however i am still unable to get any programs is there something else i should be doing
thanks