denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
Hi all,

I've posted on a few fourms about this, but don't seem to be having much luck. I've Flashed the CAM with UW 2.11. However, when the CAM is inserted into my Panasonic Freesat TV (TX-L32D25B 2010 Model), all channels break up and freeze. This include FTA channels such as BBC One HD. The encypted channels clear, however, they like the FTA channels seem to freeze and are unwatchable.

One thing I have noticed, the latest Channel 4 HD Test Transmission on Eurobird is clearing fine with the CAM and displays perfectly. This is the only channel I've noticed to do so. So what gives? Anyone else got the same or similar setup? Would love to hear from you! Thanks in advance.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some receivers (older Humax and Echostar hybrids) were unable to supply the CAM with a suitable operational current. Your TV may also have the same issue.

denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
I'm going to Flash the CAM to UW 2.12 tomorrow and try with a local smartcard. See if it works then. But I can't see how it could be the current, as Channel 4 HD is clearing fine!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Some channels will be on a polarity of the LNB that requires less power from the TVs power supply.

What channels are you trying to get with the WiFi, and with what card ?

denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
Channel 4 HD Test Transmission works on 12607 V. I have tried other channels in the high band and vertical. All other channels result in break up and freezing. So I can't see how it can be the voltage?

denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
Also when the Cam is first inserted there is no break up for a few seconds. As soon as the orange LED starts flashing... that is when the break up occurs.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Maybe I'm missing something. why use the CAM at all on 28E ?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Probably because he wants to get the FTV or other encrypyted channels with a Sky card (sub or FSFS)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
In which case Underworld 212 has the fixes.

If not, the issue may possibly be down to DECT phone interference, as per some other threads in the Sky/Freesat section.

denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
UW 2.12 still has the same issues.

I've turned all the DECT phones off. The FTA channels still break up and freeze when the emulations are turned off.

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
4 Ps3's Two slim and two phat (original 60gig version)
My Location
London
Hi denial, Ive been reading your thread with most interest, i have the same TV, well the 42inch. (TX-L42D25:cool:
I'm uncertain if i should buy a new generic satellite receiver (thinking tm5402) or a Diablo Wifi Cam.
This is a Good TV that can do lots and it would be good to use the TVs satellite tuner and hd picture.
What's the status with your setup.
Would you recommend a Diablo, i know your experiencing problems, so it's hard to say.
It's good to know it's clearing channel's.

I'm mainly interested in Hotbird

Thanks for ANY advice.

denial

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TX-L32D25B
Diablo Wifi Cam
My Location
UK
profixit said:
Hi denial, Ive been reading your thread with most interest, i have the same TV, well the 42inch. (TX-L42D25:cool:
I'm uncertain if i should buy a new generic satellite receiver (thinking tm5402) or a Diablo Wifi Cam.
This is a Good TV that can do lots and it would be good to use the TVs satellite tuner and hd picture.
What's the status with your setup.
Would you recommend a Diablo, i know your experiencing problems, so it's hard to say.
It's good to know it's clearing channel's.

I'm mainly interested in Hotbird

Thanks for ANY advice.

Hello,

After discussing the issue with Panasonic they believe the CAM is drawing too much power and not enough was going to the tuner causing the break-up. I certainly noticed the signal level drop on the DVB-t tuner when the CAM was in. I tried to get an answer as to whether a software update could fix the issue and when the next one was due to be rolled out. This got greated by lots of umm's and err's. So I gave up on it and sold the CAM. I brought a Dreambox 800HD and it's amazing! I've put a 500GB HDD in it so it also acts as my PVR. I've never looked back since... fantasic piece of kit!