Diet's going swell

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
For those interested, you may remember my telling you that I had got fat again. And I don't drink.

I was fat years ago, but managed to slim down a couple of years back. In the last 9 months, I put three stone back on and my gut was terrible. It was horrible and ugly, and hung like a turtle's back from my stomach.

I hated it. This gut beat all guts because I never had much fat elsewhere. Anyways, I have been dieting for six weeks and have lost one and a half stone. I have a stone and a half to go, but my stomach feels a lot better not having that massive gut hanging on it. It was awful. :eek:

Just thought I'd let you know I am exercising for one hour plus per day on the treadmill. Eating less, and feeling a whole lot better. The good thing is my clothes have got bigger! ;)

Thanks for listening :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well done, it isn't easy to lose and sounds like you are having a result. :)

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
Good luck on your diet Saturlight and don't give up! :)

Fortunetly I don't have those problems (yet) and so I permit myself to eat a lot of junk food (I'm worse than a child :-doh!). But I imagine it's very difficult to resist to the food we like but has a lot of calories. I can't resist them :p

So well done for you, keep up your good spirit and will (not only because of your phisical aspect but also for the sake of your good health) and I'm sure you'll have a new good-look this Summer ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Thanks for the support, chums. My problem was when I stopped drinking alcohol for good, I lost the weight but then the weight piled on again. :(

I am determined to keep slim for the first time in 20 YEARS. :D I am buying digital scales and going on the treadmill 20 minutes per day. It should work. I absolutely hated my gut - it was horrible. :(

It felt like a physical disability. :(

Thanks again for your support and you're right, the summer is an incentive. ;)

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
When I was young I could eat anything. Now that I'm 55 I look at some cakes and I swear I put on a couple of pounds.
I have trouble dieting but I find that I can fast easily enough when I want to.

Eating less and exercising on a regular basis I believe is the answer.

And it's great when your older clothes start to fit again.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Have to say I love a beer......in the recent months I packed in football coaching, our pooch aged 18.5 years had to be put to sleep.

So I find myself not running around or walking a dog! I couldn't believe within a short time how quick I had put on over a stone.

Now I am jogging about 3 times a week, which now has been cutting off the pounds....they say "No pain ...No gain!"

I'll second that!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Milkybarkid said:
And it's great when your older clothes start to fit again.
Yes, I have some pink flares that I sewed some turquoise gussets in (to make wider flares) from the 70s that are just waiting for me to lose 5 stone to fit in.

I think the world is safe...

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Like you say, it's weird when previously tight-fitting clothes start fitting again, or even get very loose. We all know it's because the flab has been reduced, but there's still something very magical about it. :) Thanks for your comments. ;)