Difference between types of motor?

Parsasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
49E 34N
hello guys.i have a question about diffrence of 2kinds of dish motors.the first one is that model which contains a jack and a positioner, i think it is called actiuator motor.and the second one is diseqc motors which u gave an instruction at the first of this topic,called H-H motors.where is the diffrence and which one is better?
thank u all.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Parsasat said:
hello guys.i have a question about diffrence of 2kinds of dish motors.the first one is that model which contains a jack and a positioner, i think it is called actiuator motor.and the second one is diseqc motors which u gave an instruction at the first of this topic,called H-H motors.where is the diffrence and which one is better?
thank u all.

The H-H motors are self-contained, you just mount the the dish on the motor shaft. With an actuator you must use a polar mount for the dish, the actuator is linear and just pushes/pulls the dish round on an axis that is set up with the polar mount.

The linear actuator is more robust. Which is best?, I think it is a case of 'horses for courses' , I prefer the Diseqc H-H motor for my little setup.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I think that the major difference is that actuators can be used for large dishes, while Diseq for upto 1.2m.
Also you need extra electronic hardware, next to the receiver to supply 36V, I think they are called positioners.
Some info and pictures here, from one of our site sposors:
http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=257