Different Lnb's

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star fsci - 5100 ultra reciever. 2 cam slots.

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

loopthrough to Sky digital box.

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
At the moment i have a titanium 0.2db lnb i just wondered if purchasing an LnB costing near £90 like a invacom model would provide any extra advantages or disadvantages in assisting the channels i recieve?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Probably not if your LNB is working as it should.
You would be better off getting a larger dish with the money IMHO.

L.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will find very little difference between the performance of the Invacom and your Titanium, but one may perform better than the other under certain conditions and on different frequencies.

You can buy single Invacom LNBs for £30 or so, certainly £90 sounds on the high side. :) Are you having difficulty with some channels or satellites?

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
Reception is fine, but always looking to improve it or channels available, just wondered why some lnb's were so highly priced.

J

Jeff_19341

My past experience indicates that the Technomate receivers are more sensitive than the Fortec Star receivers. As indicated by Lancelot, a larger dish would be your best approach at this time.
£90 for an LNB, is it solid gold? Rather expensive and/or a rip off.
Get yourself a nice 1m Gibertini aluminium dish for a lot less than that.
Jeff;)

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
i only went for a 90cm as i understand anything bigger on the side of your house and planning permission could be required and with all the busy bodies i live near didnt fancy having a knock at the door.

To be honest im not very impressed with my fortec i got it as it was going for a good price at the time and the al7bar software, was another influence. So may well get rid. i know signal through it is poor as through the loop through it drops by 15% in strength

At the moment i get thor 1w, sirius 5e, eutelsat w3 7e, hotbird 13e, astra 19.2e, astra 28.2e, i understand there are a few more in between but can't seem to get them and just looking to maybe change a few things so i can get everything within my arch my motor swings to about 50e but dont seem to be able to get anything past astra.

So an increase by 10cm would make more of a difference to reception than changing the lnb.

J

Jeff_19341

New rules allow you to have a 1m dish without planning permission, unless you are in a conservatiuon area.
Some of the new series of Technomates have the facility to be "modified" as per your Fortec Star and of course they are a more sensitive receiver.
I have found that the Titanium 0.2dB lnb to be the best lnb that I have tried with my set up.
Unless ytou are blocked by buildings/trees it seems as if your arc (not arch) is slightly out.

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
It may well be slightly out, to set it up i set the motor to 1w and just moved dish a tad by hand to get the signal.

So a technomate is a better reciever what about the Kaon as i have seen a few of these ideally looking to exchange for one that has or can hold a drive.

What would be the best way to check the arc?

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
The TM's are a treat to own, patching info, no bad habits, easy menu, small, I could [and may] go on about them for ages. I am interested in the lnb info I have a 3db £17. and may now change just to see if there is improvement although I get all I'm after [footy and films]

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
what are inverto lnbs like ?

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
ive never heard of inverto, maybe others can shed a bit of light on them.

I'm searching the web for my new technomate once ive worked out how much it'll cost i'll sell the fortec i think.

J

Jeff_19341

What you should do is to go into USALS, input your lat & long and drive the dish to 1*west. Then move the whole lot on the pole until you get best signal on 1*west then nip up your bolts. All the other sats should fall into line from then on.

nathanvtr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

90cm dish

titanium 0.2db lnb

disceq motor

Dragon Cam v4.1 pred 332

Now a CAS3 owner
My Location
Wolverhampton
cool looks like i'll be heading back up the ladder then

Best technomate reciever at the minute ive just looked at the 1000ci and 7655 models.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
what about the 1500ci+ model ?