different satellite

markex0n

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi

can my satellite be retuned to view other satellites and watch more tv channels (espec. mature content stuff)

i live in uk and wonder if its possible.

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It really depends on what receiver and dish you have, most of the real adult channels are encrypted and require certain receivers or additional decryption hardware for reception. If you have a Sky Digibox, then there are no free to view dedicated adult channels, although there are many free to air channels which have after the watershed erotica.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
An Amstrad Sky digibox I presume then, with that and a standard minidish (43cm) you can swing it round to 19.2 East and there are many digital channels, but not all free to air. If its an Amstrad analogue receiver, then it will probably be on 19.2 already and there are 50 or 60 analogue FTA channels there.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

markex0n

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sorry, but that means nothing to me. I am new to all this and want to know if I can change frequencies and view more channels in laymans terms

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Before anyone can give you more specific help, you need to let us know more details about your set up. What is the model of your Amstrad and what channels you are receiving at the moment.

Jimbo

markex0n

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The model of my amstrad box is DRX 400 and am receiving many channels. Not sure if you want a full list of them, but its tuned to 11778 V

Any more info, let me know

Thank u

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Right, so it is a Digibox then and you either subscribe to Sky or are watching the Free To Air, or Free To View channels on 28.2 East. The nearest satellite with a good range of Free To Air channels is 19.2 East, have a look HERE for what is available. You can watch any thing that is not encrypted and has a Symbol rate of 27,500 or 22,000, this you will have to set in the find other channels menu, but the digibox is not very user friendly with regard to non-Sky channels..

markex0n

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Right, so it is a Digibox then and you either subscribe to Sky or are watching the Free To Air, or Free To View channels on 28.2 East. The nearest satellite with a good range of Free To Air channels is 19.2 East, have a look HERE for what is available. You can watch any thing that is not encrypted and has a Symbol rate of 27,500 or 22,000, this you will have to set in the find other channels menu, but the digibox is not very user friendly with regard to non-Sky channels..

Yes, I subscribe to Sky. My setup is this

Frequency - 11.778 ghz
Polarization - V
Rate - 27.5
FEC - 2/3

I have entered this (a valid entry in the list)

Frequency - 10773 ghz
Polarization - H
Rate - 22.0
FEC - 5/6

then searched for channels and it said No Signal Found.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
To pull anything in from the Lyngsat list for 19.2East, you will need to swing your dish round to that satellite, its also advisable to pick a frequency that has a viewable channel on it, not interactive or encrypted). I'm presuming that you haven't done that yet. If you have, then you need to go into the installers menu, Services/System Setup/01select/Manual Tuning and enter the transponder into that menu, it will then give you a signal strength and quality reading that you can use to tune the dish to the satellite.

It is worth mentioning (and perhaps should have been mentioned before) that it can prove to be either be very easy, or take a considerable amount of time to do this using only the Digibox. Some people have done the job in seconds and others spend a whole weekend, only to have to give up and spend £50 on a local installer to re-align the dish back to the Sky digital satellite.

You also ideally need to be able to see what is happening on the TV screen while you are s-l-o-w-l-y moving the dish.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

If you interested in mature content stuff you would need another receiver ,a cam , programmer and funcards.No mature content stuff is free to air as far as I know.There is a dedicated mature content channel on Hispasat 30 degrees west called palcoxgay for which you would need a dish of about 80 cm .

Regards

Prince

markex0n

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'll leave it, cos I live in a 3rd floor flat and dont have access to the dish to move it about.

Thanks anyway