Different versions of the Amstrad 890 box?

aster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Digibox (SD) for fringe reception
My Location
Warsaw <> Singapore
Just looking at some photos I see that some have an open card slot in the middle of the right side, whereas some have a hidden latch in the bottom-right side that opens up to reveal the slot.

Are those different versions of the 890?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
The ones you see pics of with open card slot are not DRX890 units as the open slot was for credit card activity like $ky store etc, this was discontinued before the DRX890 came out, thus no slots on them, just the concealed viewing card reader.

aster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Digibox (SD) for fringe reception
My Location
Warsaw <> Singapore
Many thanks, for a second I was worried that there were different-looking versions out there, like a 2012 model, an earlier one, etc.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I had a later Thomson model, that had the two slots as did the later models from Samsung, Pace, and the Amstrad 780 etc, but these models were all the "Fat ones" ie they were the same dimensions as the original Thomson model. As long as the unit is a DRX 890 it is the newer roll out as $ky bought out Amstrad and only produce boxes under the Amstrad "brand" so theres nowt other than the DRX 890 & its bigger brother the DRX 980 that has the larger hard disk spec.