Difficulties In Getting Czech & Slovak Channels. Any help/advice appreciated!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have not too long ago purchased a receiver, and a satellite dish that's 1m. Trying to configure Czech & Slovak channels. I have my card that's already activated and pre-paid and everything. Been having difficulties in pointing the satellite dish to
My Location
Gloucester, GL2 5DL
I have not too long ago purchased a receiver, and a satellite dish that's 1m. Trying to configure Czech & Slovak channels. I have my card that's already activated and pre-paid and everything. Been having difficulties in pointing the satellite dish towards the right direction. The manual from that comes with the receiver states it should be at Astra 19, however I got a feeling that might be wrong since I purchased it from Czech and took it with me in the UK. So I might need to point at Astra 23.5. Even so, I've been having a difficult time finding the right direction for the right signal to receive the "already activated channels (CZ & SK)"

Any help would be much appreciated, as I have been trying configure this set-up for nearly a week, and I've been just scracthing my head.

I am a dummie when it comes to sattelites, and so I would also appreciate your most simple/professional answer.

Thank you in advance.

-Joe.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi JoeAlucard Holub,
welcome to the forum.
I think you're right, about the satellite, it should be 23.5E, is it the CS Link package?
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/cslink.html

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum Joe.

23.5°e Astra3A will require a 120cm, the rest on Pan-Euro 3B beam should be fine with a 100cm. Careful alignment will be required though.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have not too long ago purchased a receiver, and a satellite dish that's 1m. Trying to configure Czech & Slovak channels. I have my card that's already activated and pre-paid and everything. Been having difficulties in pointing the satellite dish to
My Location
Gloucester, GL2 5DL
Hi, thanks for the reply.

The card I have is Skylink.

Thanks.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
I set up a Sky Zone 2 dish for Astra 3B for the Slovak channels on there. No problems in the north west of Ireland.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Astra 3A has a tight spot beam over Germany in much the same way as Astra 2D has a tight spot beam over the UK.

You need a bigger dish to get stuff off 3a than you do with the stuff of 3B which has a european beam :(

If the weathers good i do occasionally get stuff off 3a with my Penta 85 :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Align the dish for 28E,and then point the dish right a bit to try and find the stronger transponders from 23.5E. Then tweak for best signal on the weakest Skylink one.

( Can get on an 80cm down here BTW, just!!)

choccy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500ci
My Location
Glasgow
Hi guys, Noticed this disussion and needed some advice. I was thinking of buying the Skylink Czech card but I'm not too sure what football is shown on there... . I know it has Novasports CZ which I'm right in believing has nowt to do with the greek Novasports which shows loads of EPL ? In summary does it show any EPL ? From Central Scotland and have the Al jazeera card for SPL but wanted to catch at worst the EPL televised games (1230 & 1730) games. Any advice - would the Skylink Cz card show me EPL ? It also has Sport 1 & Sport 5 as channels - do they show SPL ? many Thanks in advance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucester, GL2 5DL
choccy07 said:
Hi guys, Noticed this disussion and needed some advice. I was thinking of buying the Skylink Czech card but I'm not too sure what football is shown on there... . I know it has Novasports CZ which I'm right in believing has nowt to do with the greek Novasports which shows loads of EPL ? In summary does it show any EPL ? From Central Scotland and have the Al jazeera card for SPL but wanted to catch at worst the EPL televised games (1230 & 1730) games. Any advice - would the Skylink Cz card show me EPL ? It also has Sport 1 & Sport 5 as channels - do they show SPL ? many Thanks in advance

Hi there,

If you want to get the EPL sports and you think of getting the Skylink CZ card. I would highly recommend going for something else. I have the Skylink CZ card and the sports that they are airing most of the time on NovaSport is pretty much just Golf, some Tennis matches, and occasionally the EPL mach, they air EPL only when it's CL (Champions League) match or rather an important match, like play-offs that generate increased channel views. Other then that, the best bet is to get Sports 1, 2, 3 4 or/and 5. Although these Sports Channels usually repeat itself most of the time. Sport 2 and 4 usually don't have LIVE Sports. Rather Sport 1 and sometimes either 2 or 5 or any other ones. But most of the time it's Sport1 channel that air LIVE sports. By far...and so far what I have seen, after acquiring these channels in my home, they don't tend to air much EPL ... but rather air La Liga and some Serie A matches most of the time. And when EPL matches are aired LIVE, it's usually the very boring teams like Wes Bromwich against Stoke City, etc, etc. So it's very disappointing to say the least...and very disappointing in the Sport 1 channel service. Although that is purely my personal honest opinion, and to some people it may be that, they actually don't mind such service for these Sports channels on the CZ Skylink card/satellite service.

On the other hand, I would like to know where exactly are you situated? If you are situated somewhere in the UK...especially somewhere in the region of South-West of England, it will be quite difficult to acquire all the Skylink CZ channels they are offering. Mainly due to the satellite frequencies that are different in various regions of the country. I have had issues with that in the past to get all the Czech channels, and especially channels like CT1, CT2, Doma...and some other ones. I have had a 1m dish, and really it was pretty much good enough for getting all the Czech channels, however as I said, it also depends very much where you are situated in the country you live in. For example I live in the UK/South-West region and so I had to acquire a bigger dish then the one I had previously (1m dish.) By having a bigger dish now, which is 1.2m I have managed to get all the Skylink CZ channels they are offering through their service. This doesn't specifically states on their websites mainly due to the reason is, because that they don't actually offer this service abroad/or in foreign countries. The service is purely meant to be installed within the country of purchase. However, they also don't state that this service will not work in other foreign countries, so therefore it's perfectly usable abroad to the other countries. However by doing this, you are then hereby the owner, and most of all, your responsibility in installing this service without much Service Help. So, in other words if you were to call personally to this Service Call Centre, they wouldn't exactly be able to help you much, although they would be glad to give you some advice on it.

Hoped this helped.

I am not a professional satellite/engineer, but I do have some knowledge in this. Just an advice to a fellow member on this site, if you will.

Thanks.
-JoeAlucard.

choccy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500ci
My Location
Glasgow
Many thanks mate for all the info - the more the better !!! Your right your description puts me off that subscription to be honest. I live in central scotland so reception would also be an issue. Have you heard of the Digisports Card from Romany/Hungary at all ? I guess that would be my next line of enquiry - they seem to show the big games in the EPL. Ive got Al Jazeera and that is pretty good for my team in the SPL although 3pm's have been binned over the last year. Any feedback on EPL reception would be good - not necessarily ALL the games but more so the 1230 & 1730hrs Kick offs. I think Digisport might well be my answer.