Digibox and UHF........

Daviiie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just a digibox. Nokia Mediamaster 9850 t
My Location
Scotland
I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9850 T. And I was wondering if there was anything I could do with it apart from the obvious freeview stuff.

I am based in scotland but is there any way of picking up like english BBC or whatever. My Nokia is pretty rubbis it wont let me manually enter in anything for channels, just searches for them itself.

And what is UHF? And how does changing the UHF number affect my digibox?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can only view what you can receive with your roof antenna, so if you cannot receive signals from any English based transmitters, you are stuck with what you have.

UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency and is the frequency band in which terrestrial TV channels are transmitted. The ability to change the UHF number will either apply to the output from the box to the receiver, adjustable to avoid clashing with transmission frequencies, or the UHF channel of the individual multiplexes of digital channels.

Daviiie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
So is there anything else I could do with it. Like make my own satalite dish or something...:-) I dunno, just something to make it more interesting. Or to pick up like Russian TV with tin foil.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You won't pick up anything from satellite, it is a terrestrial receiver and that is all it receives. :)

Daviiie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
So is there any moderately cheap way to get strange and unusual channels? Like buying equipment and what not.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes there is, have a read through the satellite sections, particularly the Digital Systems section.