Digibox Stuck In Standby

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
OK I WILL TRY AGAIN.

MY PANASONIC 30 DIGI BOX HAS BEEN STICKING IN STANDBY NOT ALLOWING ME DO ANYTHING INCLUDING BACKUP. USUALLY THIS WILL LAST FOR 2-6 HOURS. ALL WAS WELL FOR 3 WEEKS UNTILL IT WENT INTO STANDBY AGAIN AND IT WILL NOT BUDGE NOW FOR A WEEK.

HAS ANYONE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS PROBLEM OR A REASON TO WHY THIS MAY BE HAPPENING.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HELP IN FIXING IT.

OR DO I NEED TO BUY A REPLACEMENT OF WHICH NOT ONLY IS EXPENSIVE BUT ALSO HASSILE. THE BOX I HAVE WAS BOUGHT SECOND HAND A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. THE SUPPLIER BLAMES THE REASON THAT I AM IN WEAKER SINGLE AREA. OTHERS SAY ITS SOFTWARE PROBLEMS AND OTHERS SAY ITS DAMAGED BY OVER HEATING.

I AM ALSO AFRAID THAT I MAY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF AND THIS MAKES ME WARROF SENDING IT ANYONE OF HAVING IT FIXED (WILL I HAVE IT RETURNED FROM THE UK IF I DO NOT PAY THE A LARGE FEE FOR SOMEONE TRYING TO FIX IT).

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOURHELP.

ALSO PANAOSNIC WILL CHARGE £63.00 AS IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE FAULT IS BUT FOR THIS COST THEY CAN REPLACE IT. I DIDNT ASK BUT WOULD THEY SEND A REPALCEMENT TO SWEDEN (SAYING NOTHING TO SKY) OR WILL NEED TO SEND IT VIA THE UK ADDRESS.

PLEASE FORWARD YOU ADVICE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Maxi1, I appreciate this may be annoying for you, but typing your whole post in capitals looks like you are shouting and is not considered to be very polite.

It certainly sounds like it is a fault on the box and the Panasonic offer of a replacement box sounds good. You could also send it HERE or HERE, they may not worry about it being a non-UK address.

Also if you look down through past threads, there are some posts describing similar faults and how they can be repaired fairly cheaply, if you have a small amount of soldering knowledge.

Edited by rolfw, in order to make sense. :)

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT.

I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND OR TO COME ACROSS AS SHOUTING. I AM WORRIED THAT I LOST MY MONEY SPENT ON THE BOX. I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY OTHER THREADS ABOUT HPW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND I HAVE LOOKED FOR THEM.

I HAVE HEARED ABOUT THE CURE FOR OVER HEATING BUT I BELIEVE IT MAY TO LATE AS PERHAPS THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE. ALSO THERE ARE DIFFERENT REASONS GIVEN FOR THIS.

AS IAM NOT AN EXPERT IN SATELLITES I FEEL A LITTLE LOST ON THE OPERATIONS TO SOLVING PROBLEMS WHICH IS WHY I HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM WHICH IS OF GREAT HELP FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME.

ONCE AGAIN I AM SORRY IF I HAVE UPSET ANYONE, I DID NOT INTEND TO.

THANKYOU

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Maxi 1, I missed out two words from my last post and therefor it didn't make much sense, I meant to say that typing your whole post IN CAPITALS was considered as shouting. :)

If you are not particularly adept at soldering, then the DIY cure will probably not be a good idea, I would be inclined to send your box off to the UK to one of the repairers mentioned in my first reply, or perhaps one of the other guys from Sweden knows of a more local source of digibox repairs. There is also another company in Northern Ireland who do repairs, if you have the Web Ferret search utility, do a search for digibox repairs and two or three companies come up in the first twenty or so search results.

HG MICKE

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
Hi Maxi. I am new to this forum, In the past I have had two
problems with Panasonic boxes.
First check and or replace Electrolytic Capacitors on the secondary
side of the PSU.
Second, After checking PSU, Download new Software. This can be done by disconnecting box from mains supply, then holding down Back up button on front of box, reconnect mains supply then wait until all lights on front of box are lit . Release Back up button and wait for approx 10 mins until lights go out, new soft is now loaded. Do not switch box off or disconnect from dish when downloading software.

Hope this helps. HG MICKE

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The PSU is the power supply unit, its and area of the circuit board dedicated to providing power to the unit, but DIY repoairs to these boards is not recommended unless you are a proficient solderer.

In your case I would send it to http://www.pacelink.co.uk/dsb30.htm or if you have someone in the UK, send it to Panasonic in the UK for a replacement box.