digibox without card

J

jambostevie

moving to new house taking my digibox with me and plugging into dish already there but old owner is leaving a digibox aswell will i be able to receive any channels without a card in it eg for watching upstairs

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will if you install a twin or quad LNB jambostevie , then you can run a separate cable upstairs for the second digibox.

PS. Welcome to the forum. :)

J

jambostevie

rolfw said:
You will if you install a twin or quad LNB jambostevie , then you can run a separate cable upstairs for the second digibox.

PS. Welcome to the forum. :)
thanks rolfw for the advice but will i need a viewing card for the one upstairs and if so where will i get one
cheers stevie

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only viewing card that you can get at the moment is a £12.50 minimum package from Sky, if not then it is the pure free to air channels which now includes the BBC channels.