kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s w/160 Gb hdd
superjack dg120 diseqc motor
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
got myself a digisat pro accu to help install mates motorised system. but when i connect the meter to my moteck sg2100a motor for testing (which is already installed) all i get is over current on screen.i have the meter between the reciever and motor input.meter works fine with direct connection to the lnb. i also tried the meter connected to an old superjack dg120 but same problem. the meter is not fully charged at the moment but it says it gets power off the reciever. tried it on dreambox 7000s,500s and a kaon reciever with same problem. any one know if i am doing something wrong?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't need it connected via the motor, connect direct to the LNB.

kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
i want to make use of the meter's ability to drive the diseqc motor .did anybody use one of these to drive a diseqc motor successfully?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it obviously doesn't like the amount being shoved through it. You can of course use the controls on the motor to move East and west and I normally don't think about moving the motor until I have done the main setup, then it is only to test the extremes of the arc.

Perhaps you may need to use it without the receiver connected to power the motor?

kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
same problem with trying to power the motor just by the meter alone. but i can drive the superjack motor by connecting reciever part of meter to motor lnb inputput and lnb 2 output of meter to motor reciever input connection . can use other lnb 1 on meter to test signal,seems to work but surely this is not way to connect it and you can control motor with reciever power.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
strange i connect my digisat pro meter with patch cable going to lnb, then run it through the motor and it works fine

only thing mine doesn't like is passing through the signal, so i have to take it off before checking which sat i'm on

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
When its connected through the motor the power demand is too high so it cuts out only connect it directly in line with the LNB as has been said earlier.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes thanks.

I've now closed this thread as it's over 4 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.