Digital + in th UK

Flipit

Reaction score
OK. Complete newbie, so don't scream....

I want to get Digital + (Spanish) in London, and need some help. I think it's on Astra 19E ?

I have an address and friends in Spain so getting a proper subscription card isn't a problem, but I have no idea what size dish, etc I need. I was also planning to use a PC with a SAT card in as the reciever. Is this possible?

The next phase would be to get dual SAT cards so I can watch one channel an record another, do I need some kind of special kit for this, two subscriptions or what ?

Finally if I want to get Sky (don't ask why) as well, will this mean I have to get another dish / LNB/ reciever etc.

So much information.... very confused.

Final word. Can anyone recommend a good Sat installer in South London who could do this ?

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
A 64cm dish will achieve this easily. As regards to using pc with sat card, you will need a phoenix card reader and a suitable cam emulator also to go with it if in fact this channel isnt free to air etc.

But yes its totally 100% possible and easy. To watch one channel and record another the channels have to be on the same transponder but again that is easily possible.

To recieve sky you can get a special visiosat wierd lookin squarish dish or just get a bigger dish like 80cm and mount 2 lnbs on it which 1 is offset for 28.2E (sky). But to watch sky on your pc you will need some private tools aswell as a card reader + sat card like a skystar2 and plugins etc.

Everything you have mensioned is possible though yes :)

Arturuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra1/hotbird/hispasat
My Location
Europe
Yes in short it is all very possible although instead of a satellite card for your PC you might consider a dreambox 500 which does the job nicely too.

To record a channel and play another one the best thing is to have a dual lnb installed (with two cables) instead of just one.

If you leave an MSN address I can contact you online and give you more specific advise.

Flipit

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the info, you can contact me on Flipit@hotmail.co.uk

I'm particularly interested in what domestic Spanish Channels are available also? Is it possible to get Antena3 and Telecino ?

Do I need a dual reciever box/ Sat card to view two channels from a dual LNB or just the LNB ? Is the Dreambox able to do this ?

In future I plan to add Sky, from the forums I think the Dreambox is the only thing that can do this at the moment.( Can a PC do it with EMU software) I already have a HTPC running 2 DVB-T cards hence the reason I though of using it with some extra Sat cards, but I can just as easily network a Dreambox to it and stream or direct to the TV. Can the Dreambox be set-up to store recordings on a networked drive, instead of an internal HD? So many questions.

Thanks

Flipit

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have missed Telecinco on 19E by a couple of days - it was withdrawn on the 2nd! Now only available on Hispasat.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
are the same channels from digital plus broadcast both on Hispasat and Astra 19.2