Digital Receiver Software

HEATON2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop
My Location
UK
Hi

I have two identical digital receivers 1 that works fine and the other which does not work, I have been told that it is something to do with the software that is on the one that doesn't work. Is there a way of getting the software off the working one and putting it onto the none working one.

Someone mentioned something about connecting the working one to a pc with an RS232 cable and removing the sotware, but I am completely clue less.

Could someone please tell me if this is possible and if so give me a step by step guide?

Many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will depend on the receiver, what is the make and model?

HEATON2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop
My Location
UK
Hi thanks for your reply it is a Euro-Vox digital receiver.

Also I have now found out that it is possible to connect 1 box to the other and transfer the software from the working one to the broken one, is this possible? and if so how ?

Many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately that receiver id not known to me, tried looking on Satellite Heaven and it is not listed, although it may be a version of the Euromax
Euromax
h**p://www.maslam.com/
h**p://www.satlover.com/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=32.

It is possible with some receivers to transfer from one to another, or backup from the receiver to the PC and then load onto the other receiver, but you need the sodtware to do it.