Digital TV Impressionism. (A dinosaur’s point of view).

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
In these ever changing times driven by new technology, I find myself further and further from the cutting edge – 'at the blunt end' would probably better describe where I am currently residing.
Reason for this? Well, a certain amount of scepticism that new is necessarily better than old, and a reluctance to paying through the nose for something that will most likely be as little as half the price, within several months of purchase. Ok, don’t get me wrong, I do like to buy things that will improve my viewing experience. I do have a DVD recorder and a surround sound system – hardly cutting edge technology I hear you say!
But when I see the quality of some of the live TV studio broadcasts, such as X-Factor for example and their mosaic effect pictures (which only Claude Monet would be proud of), I am glad that I am viewing my freeview box through my Sony 100Hz CRT (yes! it is widescreen), rather than an HD ready LCD or Plasma – where the effect would be several times worse. Many other people seem to share the same experience of these dire compression/refresh rates when viewing Egyptian and Albanian live football events on satellite TV.
I can’t help but think that analogue gives a far cleaner and more honest representation of these events.

I certainly won’t be making the transition from digital to HD until this technology is firmly rooted into the regular TV programme line-ups, by which time things will have moved on to Super HD Hologram TV and a 42” HD TV will cost less than a pint of beer.

Respectfully yours,

C. Monet.

Attachments

• monet_sunrise_l.jpg
    monet_sunrise_l.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 14