Digitalb hd channels sound but no picture

neton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar passion hd
80cm dish
My Location
staffordshire
hi im a newbie ive got the passion hd box and scanned in the new hd channels on Digitalb they worked perfect for about 3 days .They are still there but no picture.
I know is sounds daft but if i turn the channels over quick it sometimes comes on.
But even dafter if i change the audio from eng to whatever the other lang is quickly, the pic comes on untill i turn over to watch somthing else.
Ive tryed to delete all channels and rescan somtimes it works and other times it dosent.
any help would be great!!!)(-red

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Can you watch other HD channels w/o problem?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
neton said:
hi im a newbie ive got the passion hd box and scanned in the new hd channels on Digitalb they worked perfect for about 3 days .They are still there but no picture.
I know is sounds daft but if i turn the channels over quick it sometimes comes on.
But even dafter if i change the audio from eng to whatever the other lang is quickly, the pic comes on untill i turn over to watch somthing else.
Ive tryed to delete all channels and rescan somtimes it works and other times it dosent.
any help would be great!!!)(-red

They're fully 'Conaxed' now. They were FTA for a day or so when they arrived on the new TP, but not viewable now unless you have a legit card.

Interesting that you are (still?) able to open them occasionally - is this still the case with your box?

Llew

ghamdan

Reaction score
Hd channels need Hd receiver
new receivers with different software and hardware

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
That's what he has my friend - a Passion HD...

neton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar passion hd
80cm dish
My Location
staffordshire
yes i put my s*y lead into my hd box and picked up bbc hd.
But to be honest i only watched bbc hd for an hour and then scanned back to my digitalb package.
when i scanned back in i found there was new digitalb hd channels and all worked for about3/4 days with no problem.then i turn over to the sports channels (1-5) and the hd channels only come on if i mess around turning them over quickly or changing the audio quickly.

neton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar passion hd
80cm dish
My Location
staffordshire
hi i do have a legit card and even today a new rescan and factory reset only gets volume with no pic, and picture if i turn over quickly usally takes about 2/3 mins to come on but soon as i turn over i have to go through the same process again.
tryed to email fortecstar they dont reply or pick up the phone.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
That's Fortecstar for you. Their service usually ends at point of sale I'm afraid.

Can't help with those channels as I don't have a DigitAlb card, sorry.

AEBrooks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star FS4700
My Location
Berkshire
Did anyone get answer to this problem?

I don't have an HD card but do have the BBC HD channel just can't see it. Would be great to get a picture as well.

:confused

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
This thread was regarding the HD channels on DigitAlb, a subscription service on 16E.
I believe the HD channels were paired, card to receiver, so even though you can get a legitimate subscription card you could not open the HD channels without using the legitimate receiver.
If you are experiencing problems with BBC HD it would be best if you start a new thread in the relevant forum.

AEBrooks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star FS4700
My Location
Berkshire
Will do. So complicated all this satellite stuff.

Cheers,

Mister SuperMod.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Mickha said:
This thread was regarding the HD channels on DigitAlb, a subscription service on 16E.
I believe the HD channels were paired, card to receiver, so even though you can get a legitimate subscription card you could not open the HD channels without using the legitimate receiver.
If you are experiencing problems with BBC HD it would be best if you start a new thread in the relevant forum.

Quite right these HD channels are paired to a legit card and legit Rx.
otherwise no joy.