Digitalb - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciaran

Reaction score
i have finnally got a signal for W2...but its not the strongest....but i am getting channels on the 11092 frequency....does anyone know if its possible to get some channels on a particular frequency and not get others.....i seem to be missing premium 1,2,3,4 and 5.....which obviously means i cant get my card activated....

help , or even an indication that im doing something stupid would eb very much appreciated!!!!!!!

thanks in advance!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It would help a lot if you provided a little more information, including your general location and the dish you are using, especially the size.

ciaran

Reaction score
sorry,

im in belfast...using a 1 meter dish and a dragon cam.....

i thought it was weird that im getting most channels on that 11092 tp apart from the 5 premium channels....

is it possible that they have a weaker signal than the other channels on this tp...and that im just not picking them up...as this is the only explanation i can come up with (although it doesnt seem logically right that they would be any weaker than say...digi+)

the other settings are the standard 32000 5/6 for digitalb..

thanks...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I have just checked 16E, and my old settings had them at 11092 V 32000 but when I deleted and re-scanned they do seem to have moved and give a stronger signal on 11449 H 27500.
You should have no problem picking them up.

ciaran

Reaction score
thats excellent news...because im only getting about 50% signal strenght and quality on 11092...

thanks very much for confirming this....i only have to keep praying now that theyre actually showing the everton game on saturday morning!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Check liveonsat on Friday, as DigitAlb football fixtures are only released 24-48 hours before hand.
But with a Dragon Cam you can also watch the game on Astra 1, 19.2E, on Premiere, with English commentary.

ciaran

Reaction score
can dragon decrypt that premiere channel?

i havent updated my dragon in a while...what predator update is required and what size of dish?

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
What type off receiver are you using? Try doing a manual scan for the premium channels. I find that the sports channels are slighty weaker but you will be ok on a one meter dish.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
With predator 359, Premiere has been available for some time.

ciaran

Reaction score
im using a humax CI 8100 for future reference....did a manual scan on the 11449 tp and all is working..obviously this frequency wasnt being picked up by the automatic scan.....still not great signal strength though

cheers lads

p.s how long does the freeview of premium 1 last...as i need to know if the card has actually activated, the channel is going off every so often and im worried that premium 1 needs to be on continuously for a certain period of time for the activation signal to be picked up....

ciaran

Reaction score
cheers micha...i may try and find my programmer then.....

just in case digitalb dont do the right thing!

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
ciaran

i'm also in belfast and just bought a digitalb card, i only have a 80cm dish and a humaz 5400 reciver. I'm getting my dish re aligned on friday as i was watching art last year for the football.

any tips for me ?

My knowledge is pretty limited.

My card was activated today, as i was speaking to the guy i bought the card off.

ciaran

Reaction score
mate, i think you'll struggle to pick it up with an 80cm dish....i had an 80cm for my art and didnt even bother trying it because all the reports say a 1 metre is needed....because even with 1 metre the signal for premium 1 isnt great!

the signal on the 11092 frequency will be impossible to get...stick to the 11449 frequency cos that seems to be the strongest TP on W2...

where abouts in belfast are you....i also know that another boy in the west who couldnt get his normal hotbird dish working...and had to go 1 metre....

id go out and buy a 1 metre dish from maplin....theyre not too dear...because youll no doubt be wasting the money your going to spend on a re-alignment (assuming your paying someone to do it)

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
ciaran said:
mate, i think you'll struggle to pick it up with an 80cm dish....i had an 80cm for my art and didnt even bother trying it because all the reports say a 1 metre is needed....because even with 1 metre the signal for premium 1 isnt great!

the signal on the 11092 frequency will be impossible to get...stick to the 11449 frequency cos that seems to be the strongest TP on W2...

where abouts in belfast are you....i also know that another boy in the west who couldnt get his normal hotbird dish working...and had to go 1 metre....

id go out and buy a 1 metre dish from maplin....theyre not too dear...because youll no doubt be wasting the money your going to spend on a re-alignment (assuming your paying someone to do it)

cheers.

i'm in the south of the city, i used a 80cm dish last year for ART and picked it up perfectly, so heres hoping ill get digitalb no problem, already arranged for a guy to come out and re-align the dish so i'll give it a go and see how i get on, i'll let you know what the out come is.

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Im in the east of the city and can confirm that it is hit or miss with an 80cm dish. During rain you will have no signal on the premiums, so that will be from now until about May! Better with a 1 meter dish, good lnb and decent cable.

I have had to upgrade all the bars that I have put Systems into to 1 meter dishes because I was getting tortured when the signal dropped out.

ciaran

Reaction score
well, im currently living in the city centre...and it works fine (about 60% quality on the signal) with a 1 metre....

the hotbird signal is a lot closer and therefore easier to pick up...in fact i was picking it up on a 60cm sky dish.....

good luck anyway.....glad to find out that the united/everton match is on digitalb tommorow..

up the toffees.

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
Where can i get a listing of what Primiership football is on digitalb ?

been searching the web and have found nothing.

hope someone can help.

cheers

ciaran

Reaction score
you cant, they dont release their listings until the day before...which is a bit daft...and not very good marketing!

how'd you go with that 80cm dish?

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
getting 60% at the min, getting the installer back tomorrow to see if he can get a better signal, couldn't even test it as the receivers software was out of date so it wouldn't read the conax cam. (humax 5400)

hopefully getting it sorted tonight.

what a hassel

Status
Not open for further replies.