Digiturk on PC?

Gill180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace set top box
Windows XP home
My Location
England
Hi, am brand new member. Would like to know if it is possible to receive Digiturk (just want CNBC E channel really) on my PC. Live in E Yorkshire.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Gill180

I'll have to respond with a question on this.... do you mean live streaming from the internet or using a satellite pc card?

As you have posted in the pc card section do we assume the latter?

Gill180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace set top box
Windows XP home
My Location
England
Thanks for replying so quickly. Have tried streaming from Internet before and it's generally not good at all. Satellite pc card sounds better, but I'm a bit of a technophobe so don't know the first thing about all this!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well two problems here the first being that to receive Digiturk from W3a on 7 deg East which is transmitted on the Europe B beam you would need a big dish probably 1.5 mtr if the footprint is to be believed (which is bigger than allowed without planning permission). The second is that it is encrypted in Irdeto 2 and/or cryptoworks and as I am not well up on what will open up these days I no not know if it can be opened using softcams/emulators. Can I ask why you want that channel only?

Gill180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace set top box
Windows XP home
My Location
England
Want this channel cos I'm learning Turkish and saw this channel on holiday in Turkey. It transmits programmes in English with Turkish subtitles and seemed a great way to improve my Turkish. Seems like it's not going to be a viable proposition!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Got you.... mmm Turkish subtitles on English programming yes I can see that being useful in learning a language.

Under the circumstances would the variety offered here or here not help you if you have broadband????They may be a tad unreliable but better than nothing

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
TRT International is in the clear on 19E - and that can be received with any tiddly little dish

Gill180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace set top box
Windows XP home
My Location
England
Thanks for your help guys. Really wanted that channel. Will have to settle for watching broadband channels by looks of it. Cheers