Directions Question?

Reaction score
I am totally new to all of this satellite business and would like to ask a quick question and get it cleared up. I understand that all broadcasting satellites are in geostationary orbit, correct? And I also know that they will only beam to specific regions and other regions will not be able to receive that satellite, but then I went to www.lyngsat.com and I looked for Free TV Channels in North America and it showed some channels I could get that were on satellites that seemed out of my range, some were for the Atlantic but they were listed in the Free TV Section for North America. If I live in the U.S.A., is my viewing of satellites limited to 61°W-160°W or can I get satellites signals from other directions as well. :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The free TV list comprises channels which originate from the country of choice, not necessarily receivable in that country.