Disabling Adult Movies

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Anyone know is it possible to modify Viaccess hexes so that movie channels will show all but adult movies? I can remove the dedicated adult channels altogether. This would leave me with a full range of movie channels that I can happily let the kids flick through. I'm talking about Hotbird, Astra 19, and Sirius.

M

munny

I'm also looking at creating a separate 'family friendly' card.

I'm using the Barracuda v1.3 hex files which come with their own editor. Problem is each provider has several keys (08,...,0F) and i'm not sure which keys I should edit.

When i edit the keys for only one or two of the providers like S*xv**w and S*t*s*f***ion, by replacing any non-zero keys for that provider with zeros, card works OK, ie, can see all channels except these.

But if i carry on replacing the keys of more providers like TPS and ABsat in th same way, I lose all channels, ie even for the providers whose keys I've not edited :-(

Any ideas? Anyone?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Doodler:
can't answer your question I'm afraid. Anyone else?

Munny:
you shouldn't really have posted in this thread. Your question is not the same issue, and if a discussion were to follow relating to your post, we'd quickly lose sight of the original poster's question.
Please post ON-TOPIC.
Your problem, by the way, is probably that you are inadvertently editing the wrong keys. The actual providers' keys in the file are not necessarily in the same order as listed in any associated readme, nor necessarily the same order as providers listed in whatever *.ini file you happen to be picking up if you are using an editor that works in that way (such as picbinedit).

2old

M

munny

Thanks for the info 2old.

Sorry if I posted in wrong place - thought I was helping oringinal questioner wanting to remove adult channels from hex file by telling of own experience + adding own question.

Will re-post as separate thread.