Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish TD110 Diseqc USALS Twin LNB Tecnomate TM-5302HD
Pair of T&K brackets
My Location
Grays,Essex
Hello I have got a technomate and 1M dish living in Essex reception 5E is good
but for the Scaninavian channels they break up bad. I changed from a 0.6dB LNB
to 0.3 invacom LNB I was very disappointed with the result after reading a good write up on it. Has one else used one?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will depend on how good your original LNB was, as to how much difference the Invacom will make. Unfortunately, on occasions the expectations of dramatic improvement are too high.

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
Had an Invacom 0.3dB installed in early Feb because I had also been told it was better but it ceased working only 6 weeks later. My installer said he had had a number of such instances and was refering his stock back to the manufacturer for further investigations. He fitted a replacement 0.3 dB from another firm (don't know which, sorry) and it's been great ever since.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently some of the earlier Invacoms had problems, replaced one the other day, the problems seem to tie in with use of DiseqC motors, something to do with the current suppied to the LNB I believe.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I to have an Invacom 0.3db LNB which I fitted the same time as I motorized my system, which was last summer sometime.
I also changed my dish from an 60cm mesh to a 70 cm solid, but my signal strength for the Russian channels on 5E doubled !.
But weather that was due to the slightly larger dish, the LNB, or a combination of the two I cannot be sure.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You dont say which dish, if you have a dedicated feed , or if the LNB is actually matched to the feed (the chamber will be exactly the same diameter)

if its an LNB with the feed combined you could well be losing performance through mismatch or wrong f/d ratio