Discreet Dishes

joshjess

Reaction score
I recently installed a 80cm motorised system along side my Sky dish, until one of my friendly neighbours decided to complain to the local council that I have erected the 80cm on a 2 mtre pole overlooking the eves of my house! the council visited and agreed that the 80cm could stay but the Sky dish would need to be removed as the local bylaws say that I can only have one dish upto 90cm erected!!

I ignored the council and left the Sky dish up, and half an hour before I was due to leave on holiday the bastards came round so I had to take down the Sky dish, however when the man from the council was there I mentioned that I might intall one of those digiglobe dishes that looks like an outside ball light and works as a light and dish, asking if this was OK he said yes, as long as it didn't look like a dish and no one complained. So i am now looking to install one of these, does anyone have experience with one of these? or can any one recommend another discreet dish that is not a dish! if you know what I mean.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The digiglobe works fine if you are in the south of the UK, extreme north and you may suffer.

You should now paint your dish fluorescent orange to keep your neighbour on his toes. :)

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
My 1m ( 90cm if anybody asks ) is on a pole on 18" standoff brackets on the back of the house ( picture coming sometime soon ). My minidish is actually my next door neighbours. He is on cable now so said I could use it. It is his side of the chimney. Mine house is an end terrace. So technically I only have 1 dish :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
One of the guys on another forum put his in one of those old wooden wheelbarrows, the planning guy gave up and said that there was nothing he could do. :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yea the 'temporary installation' that sits there for years seems to work.

Did anyone ever find out if the rock covers are available in Europe? http://www.dish-rock.com/rockpics.htm

I like the idea of painting the one you are allowed some hideous colours, you could put 'go faster' stripes on it. We should have a contest to make the dish most likely to peeve the neighbours off. :D

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
Yah, I think the idea of painting it bright orange should really pee of the neighbour and maybe some bunting hanging off with a saint georges flag flying!

Thanks for you comments

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
People that have the one dish rule enforced deserve to wake up & find somone has written oscene phrases painted in weed killer on their lawns O-Ha