DiSeq dish positioner

refinechange

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I currently have a 36v Jaeger positioner which is great. I am looking to change my receiver as the Strong 4375 is not too clever with the latest cams. The problem I have is the lack of support for 36 volt positioners without spending vast sums of money. My question is, could more than one reciever operate a 36V motor via a V-Box. Would I be able to move the dish from any receiver in the house?

Cheers
Alex

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Theoretically yes.

Conditions are

A splitter that sends voltage only one way up the cable (it has to have diodes in there somewhere)

Any other receiver MUST be unplugged from the mains when moving the dish with the proprietry one

When plugging in the proprietry receiver, reference the dish to centre first

refinechange

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Channel Hopper,
Thanks for that. I have the whole rig running through a Global Loftbox splitter / amp but I don't know if this only gives the one way signal. If it doesn't would the signal cause any damage to the other receivers on the system?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I dont know what a loftbox splitter contains
If you have a multimeter it can be tested for the diodes
If not a 9v battery, two bits of wire and your tongue

I would advise using something with one way circuitry as the voltage from one receiver would be drained by the circuitry of the other receivers tuners when they are unplugged.

N

net1

The global loftbox carries uhf/if/vhf down to the diplexed wallplate. and then you can send the uplink to the loftbox to be distributed.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If Net1s description is correct then you should not be using more than one receiver on the dish

Each output will have components to filter the signals to their constituent components of satellite/UHF and VHF, and each filter will drop some of the DiSeqC pulse protocol and the result may not be enough for activation of the dish motor

If you are connecting more than one receiver then there are additional splitters to connect in the system (unless you intend to daisy chain them )

Its a question of try it

N

net1

Yes CH we use these loft boxs on a regular basis and

Full In-Home distribution unit allowing you to have the same signals in other locations that you receive in your living room. The unit is normally located in the Loft space.

Caution.

This product would normally be installed by a qualified person.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If theres only one input that will carry the satellite LNB voltages, how does anyone connect more than one receiver without daisychaining them ?