Diseqc 1.0, 1.1

:confused Have got a 4-way Diseqc 1.1, and a 2-way 1.0
Cant get Astra 19.2 from any input on the 4-way, and can only get a signal from lnb 1 on the 2 way if Astra 19.2 is connected to either input. The 2 way works fine with any other dishes, just having grief with Astra 19.2

PLEASE HELP

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so what is your set up.

How many LNBs?
Where are they pointing?
Have you tried them both/all with direct connection to the receiver?
What DiseqC setting do you have for each satellite on your receiver and which receiver are you using.

OK, I have 5 dishes, motors are not of any use, as I frequently use 3 or 4 at a time. The dishes are :- Astra 19.2e, Hotbird 13.0e, Astra 28.2e, Nilesat 7.0w and Hispasat 30.0w.

The receivers I'm trying to use the Diseqcs on are a modified Nokia D-Box (dont laugh,the new software on this is amazing!;) ), and a Samsung DSR9500 with an embedded Via cas, matrix reloaded and irdetto 2 cams.

All work fine direct into any of the boxes, and with both Diseqcs, so long as Astra 19.2 isn't involved. The only time I get a signal from Astra 19.2 is either direct into the box, or if its connected to the two way Diseqc 1.0 to the LNB 1 connection. This then means whatever is connected to LNB 2 gives a 'channel not available' message.

The Diseqc settings on the boxs are all relevant to the setup, ie Diseqc 1.1, Astra 19.2 (1), Hotbird (2), Hispasat (3) etc.

No matter how I rearrange the inputs, Astra 19.2 will not come through with the others.

I originally thought I had a dodgy 4-way but its the same with the others.:rolleyes:

Could it be time for a new LNB?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds strange, but I can't see how an LNB could cause the problem, as the switching is carried out prior to the LNB. I guess that you could simple swap a couple of the LNB around and see what happened.

Cheers Rolfw,

Will try in the morning as I now have a bar full of screaming kids and football about to start. Will let you know, but any more ideas will be gratefully received.