shortlegs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 3000CIpro fta
Dell Inspiron 5160 laptop
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Hello,

I have a Topfield 3000 CIp receiver which is equipped for Diseqc 1.2, but the 4-way switch at the dish is 2.0 according to the label on it.

My question is: are they compatable?
I cannot get the receiver to receive from Astra 2 and Astra 1 at the same time - yet I can get both individually i.e. after I disconnect one of the lnb cables from the switch and leave the other connected.

Another problem is that the receiver doesn't seem to know which satellite it's pointing at: e.g. if I try to scan Astra 1 it will scan Astra 2 again, and I got 19.2 under Arabsat label.

Thanks.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Moved your post to dish set up section.

Sounds like you haven't configured the receiver for DiSEqC switching correctly. Compatibility shouldn't be a problem. In addition, take a look at this, might be of some interest _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiSEqC

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Diseqc 1.2 is not compatible with Diseqc 2.0 as per the wiki article. Diseqc 1.2 is for motors.

You need to use Diseqc 1.0, which is the one way communication version of diseqc 2.0

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Robbo said:
Diseqc 1.2 is not compatible with Diseqc 2.0 as per the wiki article. Diseqc 1.2 is for motors.

You need to use Diseqc 1.0, which is the one way communication version of diseqc 2.0
Robbo the motor should just loop the commands through to the switch, it shouldn't matter what diseqc level the motor is. And even if the receiver is only diseqc 1.x and the switch is 2.x it will still work fine it's just that the receiver ignores the confirmation signal.

Topfield 3000 is diseqc 1.x so the motor is definitely not going to have trouble looping these commands through to the switch.

in_msz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
c and ku band setups
My Location
India
My problem is also the same i live in india
Iam having 2 ku band dishes and recieveing 2 satellites

I deleted every thing and installed a fresh i installed new satellite by name Insat in satellite options with port 1 and tuned the channels all the channels came.ie 1 to 64
Now what i did in the same Insat i changed to port 2 and recieved all the channels of asiasat ie 65 to 85 .
But the thing is when i i want to watch insat i have to change to port 1 in the satellite options and to watch asiasat i have to switch it to port 2.

I can see cant receive the channels simultaneously. though i can see the list.

Previously i made 2 satellites in options ie insat and asiasat with respective ports.
when i autoscan satellite channels were coming but while saving it is replacing
previously saved channels.For ex i scanned channels of insat channels are coming and stored.
next when i scanned Asiasat channels are coming but while saving its replacing
insat channels.vise verse i tried a lot but no posotive results.

2 days back while experimenting i was able to watch channels from both the satellite simultaneously but didnt came to conclusion exactly how it came
so to know the exactly how it came i deleted everything and started again but didn't succeed.)(-red

My receiver is disq 1.0 support and switch is 2.0

Please help

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Huevos said:
Robbo the motor should just loop the commands through to the switch, it shouldn't matter what diseqc level the motor is. And even if the receiver is only diseqc 1.x and the switch is 2.x it will still work fine it's just that the receiver ignores the confirmation signal.

Yep, I know, I have done it, but you still can't control a diseqc1.0 switch with diseqc 1.2 commands, which was what the OP was asking was possible.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Robbo said:
Yep, I know, I have done it, but you still can't control a diseqc1.0 switch with diseqc 1.2 commands, which was what the OP was asking was possible.
I think it's the way the question is worded. Nevertheless the Topfield 3000 supports both diseqc 1.0 and 1.2 so my guess it's a configuration problem just as Satelliteman says.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Insat 2 E
Telstar 10
Pentium 4
My Location
Chennai , India
I need to connect a DiSEqC switch. Can anyone advise on the configuration parametres that one ned to enter with the remote controll of the digital receiver ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Quite tricky that one, with the information (or severe lack of it) that you have provided.:)

shortlegs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 3000CIpro fta
Dell Inspiron 5160 laptop
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Thanks for that.
Robbo I think what you're saying is that I should specify a 1.0 switch for use with this tp receiver.