DiSEqC 2.0 switch compatible with 1.0/1.1/1.2 receiver ?

Kiteflier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2 PC card and Lidl Dish
My Location
West Lothian
I have just installed a 4-way LNB switch to operate with my Skystar2 PC card receiver. The 4 LNB's are set up for 19E, 13E, 7E and on a separate dish 28E. The signal from each LNB is okay if I bypass the switch. The switch does operate , but unreliably. If I change channel to a different satellite, most of the time the card fails to lock on to the new signal. However, if I stop and start the viewer (DVBDream) then it starts to receive the picture ok.

How compatible is my DiSEqC 2.0 switch with my SkyStar2 receiver (which I believe is 1.1 or 1.2)? Perhaps there is something in the DVBDream settings I need to tweak. There are boxes for "Delay after switching", "Always force to resend DiSEqC commands" , "Always retune" etc... but changing these does not appear to have any beneficial effect (although I am not quite sure what I am doing).

P.S. will post a picture of my setup soon.

davie

Reaction score
I used a DiSEqC 2.0 switch for a while with a SS2 card and DVB Dream and never had a problem. Did you select options, DiSEqC then DiSEqC V1.0 or v2.0?
Probably a silly question but at least you will know that they are all compatible.

n_waruna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver SL10000 ,Dialog Tv,
Asiasat 3S C Band
Asiasat 5 C Band
Insat 4B Ku Band
IS 12-Dialog TV
My Location
Colombo,Sri Lanka
I am having the same problem with my setup. I changed everything including the location of the switch but no result. did some research and as I understand Diseqc 2.0 is backwads compatible with lower levels (in addditon Diseqc 2.0 permit 2-way communication ) Just search for Diseqc on the net you can find lot of info.
But I noticed that this problem mainly occurs on rainy and very cold days, Other days switch is working normally.