Hi folks,
I currently have the following setup:

1x Cherokee Worldsat Maestro Satellite box
1x 80cm dish with monoblock: Astra & Hotbird
1x Diseq 2 in 1 switch for the monoblock

&

1x Sky minidish
1x Sky decoder

I wanted to get rid of the sky box and cherokee and put in a dreambox (i have the dreambox but i'm playing with it still and getting used to it!). I have bought a 4in1 diseq switch and to be honest I just dont understand why it wont work correctly (im guessing its a receiver issue).

When I plug the satellites into the diseqc 4in1 I can get hotbird & astra but not the third lnb.

Once I tried plugging the dreambox in and it said it had problems fixing on hotbird when I was trying to set it up even though it was working on the cherokee...

I only have 3 lnbs connected, am I doing something wrong like an obvious mistake, or is it my box which isnt compatible?

Cheers,
Nt

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, but I am a little confused as to your setup.

You mention a monobloc LNB for Hotbird and Astra and a two way diseqc switch, then you mention a third satellite and a four way switch, how have you got this connected?

N

nt016

No... Sorry if i wasnt too clear...

I currently run a 2in1 for the monoblock and just a cable straight into the Sky Digibox for 28.2. The idea is to get rid of the 2in1 and connect the 3 lnbs into the 1 box...

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Still a little confused as to why you have a 2 in 1 switch with a monobloc LNB, as it has its own integral switch, or do you mean something other than monobloc?

N

nt016

Hi mate,

Old style mono-block (the originals in france were without switches). Any ideas as to the source of my problem?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah thanks, you learn something every day. :)

With a four way DiseqC switch, you should simply have to set the LNBs as A, B and C (or 1, 2 and 3) in the receiver, which I'm assuming is what you are doing and connect the incoming LNBs to A, B and C. which version of DiseqC is the switch?

N

nt016

Hi again,

It says its a diseq 2.0... I'm thinking this could be what is causing the problems, I was unable to find any 1.2 diseq 4in1 switches!

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They should be backward compatible, but you may need to experiment a little, what DiseqC options do you have in the receiver?

N

nt016

hi mate,

trust me ive spent hours with the different menu settings! driving me nuts! :(

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you've decided that it is a compatibility issue, then try one of these.