Diseqc alignment

kungpo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 8082ci, Matrix Reloaded, Aston Cam 1.5, Black ICE. Metronic DisEQC Motor, 80cm Dish, Monoblock LNB.
Dynamite USB, Intel P4 3.0Ghz, Intel Cel 3.06Ghz
My Location
Slough
It's now about 55.5 or so. I also put it back to the position it was on originally (59.9) which didn't give me good results.But I do seem to get good signal on all birds between 28.2E and 30W.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Odd, but if it works don't knock it. :)

That lattitude should put you up in Tyneside. :)

kungpo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 8082ci, Matrix Reloaded, Aston Cam 1.5, Black ICE. Metronic DisEQC Motor, 80cm Dish, Monoblock LNB.
Dynamite USB, Intel P4 3.0Ghz, Intel Cel 3.06Ghz
My Location
Slough
Strange but true! ;)

padona

Reaction score
After spending a few hours on Saturday morning following Rolfw's advice, I now have a full sweep from 30W to 28.2E so thank you Rolfw, for all the help.
I probably need to do a small bit of fine tuning as the singal quality at 30W and 28.2E is slightly lower than the middle of the arc. To get perfect reception I need to lower the dish elevation for 28.2E and raise the dish elevation slightly (by the same amount) for 28.2E. As a result I have to compromise on the elevation to get satisfactory signals on 28.2E and 30W.

Padona.

padona

Reaction score
I just noticed the typo in the posting. I need to lower the dish elevation for 28.2E and raise the elevation for 30W.

alay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5300
88 motor dish
Best thing is to set up on the Thor satellite.

Make sure your mount is perfectly vertical as you look from the front and the sides.
Then set your latitude on motor, then set dish inclination , Now you should be able to get a strong signal on Thor by adjusting slightly the dish inclination and possibly even twitching the latidude setting on motor.
Either way, once you get your strongest signal on Thor, then tighten the mounts and ensure that as you tighten, you still have the strongest signal.

After this, you must remember that you are just west of south, so if you are using the goto function to go to a particular satellite, you will not be exactly on that satellite and you will require some fine tuning.

On my system, i used the goto function, then used the step function to make 1 degree steps east or west of each satellite that i was tuning and this allowed me to get great signals on all satellites that i required. I had to individually tune every satellite for the optimum signal, and 1 degree can make a big difference on signal strenghth

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
padona said:
I just noticed the typo in the posting. I need to lower the dish elevation for 28.2E and raise the elevation for 30W.

You probably need to move your mount 1 degree or so to the West then, that should the give you an accurate arc, presuming that the pole is perfectly straight that is. Sounds like you are pretty close though. :)

@ alay,

padona is in Dublin, so 1W is not his due South satellite.

cliffburnett

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox7025
Pentium4 4Gb Ram - E6600 Proc.
My Location
UK
Hi,I've a similar problem - My Latitude is 52 N which says the motor angle should be 38 deg, is this correct or should I set it to 52?Thanks.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
cliffburnett said:
Hi,I've a similar problem - My Latitude is 52 N which says the motor angle should be 38 deg, is this correct or should I set it to 52?Thanks.

It depends what is marked on your motor.
If it's marked latitude, set it to 52.
if it's marked elevation set it to 38.