Diseqc Help

stevienire

stevienire

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
Do I set the setting on the side of the diseqc motor to 54:42:20N which is my location??? I'm reading in the instruction manual about a 30'-Declination. What does that mean I don't have a clue???

T24

T24

Info Exec
Staff member
Do I set the setting on the side of the diseqc motor to 54:42:20N which is my location???

YES.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The declination is the adjustment on the dish, the Moteck instruction book has the calculation for it.

J

Jeff_19341

@stevienire

Sorry got you mixed up with a poster (Simonuk) on DS who asked the same question
Here is my reply to him.
As you seem to have a Moteck motor, usually one side of the mount indicates latitude and for you would be 54+. The other side indicates elevation which would be 90 - latitude ie 35+.
At the back of your motor handbook is an elevation and declination table.. If on page 2 of your handbook it states30-declination angle you set your dish to that. In your case declination angle is approx 7.7 you set the dish to
30-7.7=22.3
JuMbuCk
PS. You have a doppleganger on DS or have suffered Identity theft O-Ha
JMC

stevienire

stevienire

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
JuMbuCk said:
@stevienire

Sorry got you mixed up with a poster (Simonuk) on DS who asked the same question
Here is my reply to him.
As you seem to have a Moteck motor, usually one side of the mount indicates latitude and for you would be 54+. The other side indicates elevation which would be 90 - latitude ie 35+.
At the back of your motor handbook is an elevation and declination table.. If on page 2 of your handbook it states30-declination angle you set your dish to that. In your case declination angle is approx 7.7 you set the dish to
30-7.7=22.3
JuMbuCk
PS. You have a doppleganger on DS or have suffered Identity theft O-Ha
JMC
Yeah thats me on DS (Long Story)