DiSEqC motor alignment

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Hi I have a diseqc motor on my satellite dish and I'm am able to view happilly from 40ºE to 30ºW. I used to be able to go 'till TELSTAR 11 37.5º W before they suspended the european beam. But to be able to watch PANAMSAT 45ºW I have to turn the whole dish set up manually a bit to the left then use the motor to go that bit to the right again and the PANAMSAT gets a strong signal, but then I'm not able to see the further East positions so then I have to do the opposite to the dish again. My question is what kind of adjustment do I have to do to correct this? Do I have to elevate the motor and lower the dish? Or the other way around? I tried to fiddle a bit with that but with no success. Any help will be apreciated. I'm planning to post photos of my set up soon. :D

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi tonito

What motor do you have ?

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Thank you for your reply, its a Teka HH100. That rusty pipe attachment was something I had to invent because even though the motor is able to hold dishes up to 1,10m the shaft that holds the dish was too short. Maybe I might have to replace the pipe before it rots... :p

J

Jeff_19341

Hi Tonito

Your motor looks like a STAB Rotor Sat HH100 clone. I would get rid of the rusty piece of pipe (your words. Move the dish to motor clamps closer together and re-assemble.
There is a proper "extension for antenna support" for the HH100 motors which is an optional extra, have a word with your motor supplier about getting one. Go to _http://www.stab-italia.com/inglese/rotorsat_eng/rotorsat_eng_hh100.html, down load the pdf and go to page 2.
BTW nice set up that you have.
Cheers JuMbuCk:)

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Ok thanks for the tip about the rusty attachment, can you help with alignment issue? I've done this setup 2 or 3 years ago with the tv and receiver next to me as a field meter :p with no proper tools for alignment. I used Atlanticbird 3 (telecom 2b at the time) as a south reference it seems that from where I am that satellite is really close to exact south. I was very pleased with the results due to the fact that I've done it without proper tools and got so many satellite positions, but I guess it's not that perfect on the furthest EAST-WEST positions...

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi there, I took delivery of my first dieqc motor yesterday. I'll be setting up very soon. I'm no expert , but isn't your motor upside down ???? The basic diagrams that came with my Motek show the moving shaft facing downwards.. Maybe this is affecting your arc ???

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Lol! No this motor is on the upright position, when I was looking for a motor I found those "opposite" models as well but I liked this one the most.

J

Jeff_19341

@B16MCC
You will find that some motors have the dish mounting stub "up" and some have the dish mounting stub "down".
Which ever one you have the "F" connectors are always at the base. Your Moteck has a "down" mounting stub.

@Tonito
That is the way I set dish/motor up, Small TV next to mount. Another problem that you might have is, that the motor has a limited travel east and west. I find that useing USALS my dish will go to 58*west but not move to 61*west, but it will in Diseqc. You being that further east than me might be the problem, try it and see.
JuMbuCk