Diseqc motor or 36v actuator motor?

A

ALIEN1X

My Satellite Setup
NONE YET
My Location
UK
Hi,

I was planning on using a 80-90cm dish with 3 lnb, but now would prefer to go motorised.

I was talking to a supplier from the link below
_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/vbox.htm

I was advised that all DISEQC motors are not proper motorised systems and that a 36V V-Box motor with actuator is needed?

Other suppliers say it makes no diffence?

Is this true, what are the pros and cons and do I need one?

Regards
Alien1x

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I'll give them one thing, they certainly stick to their guns, but unfortunately it's a little like King Canute trying to hold back the tide.

There is no doubt that a good quality actuator and V-Box is a lot more sturdy than a DiseqC motor, but it is also a lot more costly, you can buy a DiseqC motor for £40.

Eighty percent or more of our members who are motorised are using DiseqC motors with their systems and doing so quite happily with great results. If you are using a large or heavy dish, or have to mount your dish in an exposed location, then don't use a DiseqC motor, but for your average weight 80/90cm dish, a DiseqC motor will give you years of reliable use. :)