Diseqc Motor - STAB HH-120 vs Dark Motor Supreme.... (Noob needs advice)

Videocrypt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Very much in progress....
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi All,

I'm pretty new to the forum and could do with a little bit of advice, I'm considering setting up a basic motorised system.
Thanks advice given by members of this forum I'm going to buy a 1m Gibertini dish, but I'm still not sure on which motor
to get.
I've read quite a few good things about the 'Dark Motor Superior' but am also impressed by the 'Stab HH 120' especialy
the spring mechanism that helps protect the motor in strong winds (working as an engineer myself seems a good idea)

alsat_dms.jpg

Which out of the two is the better mottor and which is likely to be the most robust.

Any advice would be greatly appricated.

Attachments

• stab-hh120.jpg
    stab-hh120.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 50

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Why such a restricted choice?

Have a look at the TM2600 too, as it is often recommended here.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
There is also Clarke tech diseqc motors which are recommended.

As long as the dish isn't too heavy and isn't exposed to strong winds either of those you have asked about will work fine.

the best choice is obviously polar mount and actuator motor, if you don't mind a bit of extra setting up.

Videocrypt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Very much in progress....
My Location
Midlands UK
wod said:
There is also Clarke tech diseqc motors which are recommended.

As long as the dish isn't too heavy and isn't exposed to strong winds either of those you have asked about will work fine.

the best choice is obviously polar mount and actuator motor, if you don't mind a bit of extra setting up.

The dish (1M Gibertini alu) will be mounted on a 3" dia. pole 6' above our garage so it's pretty exposed I guess, that said there are houses around us so we aren't in the middle of an open field, will a diseqc motor be ok?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Should be fine.