Diseqc Motor Survey

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Hi Folks,

since we have a debate on Moteck motors, started from Likvid, I thought to start a new thread and open a discussion on diseqc motors from different vendors and your experience so far. I think this will be interesting for folks who want to buy a motor or replace their system soon.

I thought this might be some interesting questions to start with:

- exact motor name and type ?
- for how long in duty so far ?
- rost prevention ?
- recognition of sat positions after some time in duty since gears of motors get old etc.
- dish size and weight
- average motion per day

I want to start with mine :
- I have a FTE Dimo 120 + which looks pretty much like the moteck one. Not sure if it is a sort of OEM product but I did not face metal problems like Likvid and others.
- 6 Months in duty
- I can't tell yet, will check soon since it is on the roof
- So far I never had to change position since USALS worked perfect and a manual adjustment was not necessary. I tried to manually but signal did not improve so it is still working fine.
- 105 cm and the weight is 10 kg
- Between 5 -10

Motor can be seen here:
http://www.ftemaximal.com/ingles/productos2.php?idt=2&idss=12&idp=56&num=1&idserie=13&j=

If any body wants to add the list of questions please feel free since I tried to find out some of the most important ones in regards of motor life expectations and quality of a motor.

Hope to get lots of opinions and experience reports from you guys.

Claasi

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
That's a OEM Moteck.....

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Well here is what I have been using the last 18mts with no problems so far.
Around 150 Euro.

J

Jeff_19341

What I dislike about the motors which have the trunk hanging down is that I loose nearly a foot of elevation compared with the Rotor Sat H-H100. That meant I had to cut my hedge lower than usual and lost privacy. What I have lost with the Rotor sat is 58* west, not much on it anyhow, because the motor will not go that far as I am nearly as far east as one can go in the UK.

I have not had any of them running for a long period so cannot comment on wear and tear. I did find a download on how to adjust the Moteck motor for wear. I'll post it if/when I can find it.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've had no problems with my Motek SG2100. Had it for 6 months, no probs with losing position and no rust. Drives a 90cm clear plastic dish.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
T24 said:
Funny Motor :)

Do you know more about this motor ? Are you sure this is diseqc and not a 36V motor?

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
T24 said:
Yes I am sure it's a diseqc motor.

Yip you are right. Can take up to 1,2 meter dishes but the range is rather bad. 45E to 16W only. But perhaps an alternativ for folks who only need this range.

Interesting thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I doubt that the Manhattan is a factory derived motor, probably a branded carbon copy thingy from their Korean outlet.

Claasi, have you considered going back to the Stone Age and converting a virtually bulletproof 36V polarmount system using a V box or something similar ?

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Hi Channel Hopper,
well perhaps some time in the future since you can use bigger dishes with them and with Diseqc you are narrowed down and everything over 1 meter is getting really tough for these little motors. I thought to put up 1,25 first but when I read how the "wind power" increases I rather thought to stick to 1 meter since my motor is on the roof and it blows here quite tough sometimes. I do not know much about 36V motors yet and heard somewhere that it requires a bit of new equipment too. The good thing I like about diseqc is that it is very simple. Same cable and the receiver does the rest … But who knows what the future brings.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
One thing i really like is USALS, i am for bringing out easier solutions and USALS is great.

Can it be easier? must be a dream for installers, spend less time with the install and make more money.

popovp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My system:Receiver-Ferguson Ariva 102E HD, Sky Sat 9900FTA+emu;Ferguson FX-6600CR/OCTAGON SF318 soft;LNB-Sky Sat, universal, 0,2dB;1.17x1.06m offset dish ;Diseqc 1,2 +USALS Moteck2100A motor; 1,2m parabola+0,3dB Inverto @ H-H Strong SRT DM 2100
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
Hi,
Receiver Sky Sat 9900 FTA + emu, 4000 channels, teletext. Moteck SG 2100A. No problems till now, no metall problems.
- 4 Months i n duty.Every day abb.5-10 motions in 42E-30W (Turksat, Hellas,Astra1,2, Arabsat, Eutelsat, Hotbird, Sirius, Thor2,3, Hispasat);
- perfect working USALS, not problems with loosing position;
-80/90cm offset dish;
Regards

altis

Archived Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MYOB
My Location
MYOB
T24 said:
Funny Motor :)

That's a Jaeger / Superjack DG-100

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=SE00503&N=411

http://www.jaeger.com.tw/

...and definately Diseqc 1.2 :)

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
popovp said:
- 4 Months in duty.Every day abb.5-10 motions in 42E-30W s

Good Idea with the motions since it gives a bit of info how often cycles were run. I will add this to the list. I would say I have at least the same motions on average :D