Diseqc problem with Manhattan DSR 2500 APCI

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a problem with my Manhattan DSR 2500 APCI, I wondered if anyone might be able to help

Yesterday I put a 4->1 diseqc switch in situ and connected it up as follows.

Input A - Astra 19.2e
Input B - Astra 28.2/5e
Input C - Atlantic 5w (analogue with France Telecom LN:cool:.

I then went from the switch to the 'normal' digital input on the receiver, and have the bottom 2 inputs looped in the traditional manner.

In the LNB menu (I have the same menu's as the 5500) I set up as follows:

Input - D1

Type - Universal

Diseqc - I changed this from 'off' A, B or C appropriately.

So far so good. I started looking at digital channels on Astra 19.2e, then changed to BBC1 on Astra 28.2e but could not get a picture. I had to go back into the LNB menu and physically change the diseqc selection at the bottom from A to B to watch it. It did not switch automatically.

The same is true for analogue. I can watch the French stuff on 5w to my hearts content with C selected from the LNB menu, but if I want to watch the analogue stuff off Astra 19.2e I then have to go back in to the LNB menu and select A.

The fact that I can get the diseqc unit to change suggests to me that there is no problem with it, and it must be me with incorrect menu settings.

Has anyone got any inkling what I may be doing wrong?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you may be missing a step and not saving the settings.

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Rolf.

if it was you, what step would you be looking at? Getting alternately confused and ****** off with it now !!!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What firmware settings are in the 2500 ?

The early versions had serious trouble with positioning and LNB settings.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm setting up a 5500 this afternoon, so I'll tell you then, but of course the settings good be different.