DiSEqC Problem

Rouster

Reaction score
I have a monoblock LNB setup for Hotbird and Astra 19.8. It incorporates a DiSEqC 2way switch.
Can I add a 4wayswitch before this and then use the reciever to control the 2 way LNB and another LNB on the first switch.

I think that this may work but would just like to check:
Connect A+B outputs to the same coax cable to the Monoblock dual LNB.
Then connect C to the third LNB.

Do DiSEqC commands pass through the first switch??

Rouster

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes it is possible.
See http://lkv.customs.ru/sat/sat.xpress.ru/equip/diseqc11.htm

Some relevant docs also at Eutelsat: http://www.eutelsat.org/

2old

Rouster

Reaction score
Thanks 2old.
I have read/lookes the Russian Page but have a few questions.

How does it diferentiate between A and B on the first switch and the second?

And would you just cascade the switches? What settings would you use on the Digi Reciever?

Rouster

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If you haven't already done so, read the info at that link I gave.
You can translate it using Alta Vista Translate
See http://www.altavista.com/r?F09 and provide the translate tool with the above Russian URL

I must confess I have no experience in this, and had kind of hoped that by using the above info and the PDF docs downloadable at Eutelsat, it would be possible to work it out.

Looking more closely, I have a feeling that the Russian site may be describing something that though theoretically possible given the DiSEqC command structures and switch signal propogation characteristics, may not be actually implemented in receivers. IE using the limited options available in a receiver setup menu, it may still not be possible to differentiate the two "A" (or :cool: options.

Can anyone else help out here?

2old

homeboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL-65 (v2005)
Thompson skydigibox
80cm at28E Dual LNB (Sky&SL-65).
80cm at19E=MainFocus of (6deg) Monoblock, Offset=13E.
60cm at Hispasat.
My Location
Ireland
Rouster said:
Thanks 2old.
I have read/lookes the Russian Page but have a few questions.

How does it diferentiate between A and B on the first switch and the second?

And would you just cascade the switches? What settings would you use on the Digi Reciever?

Rouster
Was this problem ever solved?
The Russian link is long since dead.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is a very old thread, but here's a bit of information from an American site.

Putting 2 DiSEqC Committed switches on one cable is a no-no, which is why there are
Committed and UnCommitted types of switches, a Committed switch is placed first in
line (DiSEqC pulse comes from the receiver so first would be closest to the receiver),
then you can hookup an UnCommitted switch to the Committed switch, the Committed switch
will ignore the UnCommitted switches commands.
Committed 4x1 switches are about $20, UnCommitted 4x1 switches are about $80, so unless
you have to have 16 LNBs hooked up to one receiver stick with Committed switches.

You can now also get 8 way DiseqC switches, they use DiseqC 1.2 command satellite numbering.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on what LNB/Disecq settings to use on the Force 1122S with a monblock. I have the Hotbird as the main satellite and 19.2 as the secondary....

Many thanks in advance

jimmyireland

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hotbird should be A and Astra B, using two way DiseqC settings.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Rolf, I have a fair idea of that but still not getting any signal. I think it is the way that my LNB set up is.
This is what I have when I go into Menu, Positioner, LNB Set up, I get a menu which gives me

Diseq 2>1>LNB or 1>2>LNB
Stand By ON or Off
MultiSwitch ON or OFF
LNB Power Standard or +1VolT

Then when I go to Position I get
Hotbird
Positio 13.00
LNB Type Universal. 9.75, 10.000, 10.050 etc
Diseq1 None, 1, 2, 3, 4
Diseq 2 None, 1,2, 3, 4

I am using a universal Monoblock and I had agood quality signal on both Sats up to last week. My receiver went bust and all that I have done is changed the receiver...I feel that I am setting the LNB settings wrong....Please help

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure about the menus on the Force I'm afraid, can you take some photos of them?

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rolf,
I cannot post photos as the photos are too big to attach, Can you pm me your email address and I will email the photos to you. Thanks Jimmy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Use Pixresizer, put your photos in a folder, then open it and point it to that folder, it will then resize them into a new folder. The whole exercise takes a minute or so. :)

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Just allocate Diseqc 1 to Astra and Diseqc 2 to Hotbird. (Or vice versa).

Llew

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi LLew,
Many thanks, will this work for a monoblock.....What about the other settings, can you give me any help there...

Thanks

Jimmy

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Yes of course Diseqc 1 = Hotbird in your case (monoblock main LNB on Hotbird.) What does the dropdown list say in the Position Menu for Diseqc 1 & 2?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
So give Astra 1 the Diseqc 2 option and HB Diseqc 1.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I will add to this thread, although it is an old one.

Many newer monobloc LNBs allocate DiseqC port 1 to Astra, as I found out to my annoyance, when finding that DiseqC 2 was pointing to 7 East the other day on the newly installed dish. :)