DISEQc Problem

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
RE Sirius, Thor, Astra, Hotbird. One dish, 4 LNB's

Can anyone suggest why I can pick up Sirius and nothing else one week, then when I turn on another time I pick up Thor and nothing alse? I havnt been able to receive Astra or Hotbird at all. It just seems like only 1 Sat will work.
I suspect it is the 4 way DISEQC switch not working properly, Can anyone shed some light on this???! Its driving me mad...I have a Nokia 9802 S.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it sounds like it'll either be the switch or the receiver, I'm presuming that it has worked properly prior to this?

Can you borrow a receiver to test on your outfit? A replacement switch wouldn't break the bank either.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
rolfw said:
Well it sounds like it'll either be the switch or the receiver, I'm presuming that it has worked properly prior to this?

Can you borrow a receiver to test on your outfit? A replacement switch wouldn't break the bank either.
Yes, it has been working fine up to about a month ago. Thanks for the suggestions, and I will buy a new switch tomorrow. Its been open to the elements all winter, so maybe that has damaged it somehow. I will keep you informed.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
New switch has now replaced the old one, and I am happy to say its all working fine now. I suppose the reason why the old one misfunctioned was probably because the weather had effected it. I didnt use any self-amalgamating tape, but I will in future...I have learned my lesson!