diseqc settings

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
Can anyone explain to me what diseqc settings are and what I should set them to on the digibox. Does it affect what channels it scans?

comitted: 1,2,3 or 4
uncomitted: 1-16
diseqc repeat : off,1 or 2

Thanks,

DJJE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will depend what dish setup you have, if it is a single dish with one LNB, poiting at one satellite, then you don't need the settings, as they are for switching. Digital Satellite EQuipment Control

If you have a motorised setup, then you need to set the receive DiseqC 1.2 or USALS.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
It will depend what dish setup you have, if it is a single dish with one LNB, poiting at one satellite, then you don't need the settings, as they are for switching. Digital Satellite EQuipment Control

If you have a motorised setup, then you need to set the receive DiseqC 1.2 or USALS.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too sure of the dish setup. It is a block of apartments sharing an Astra1 and Hotbird satellites. When I try scanning channels with different settings, I get different channels. Also, it seems to store channels but then when I try to view them it says 'Bad Signal'.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's unusual in the UK, they usually have Astra 28.2.

Depends how they have set it up, but normally DiseqC 1 would be Hotbird and 2 would be Astra 19.2.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
That's unusual in the UK, they usually have Astra 28.2.

Depends how they have set it up, but normally DiseqC 1 would be Hotbird and 2 would be Astra 19.2.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is abroad.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a digibox which is picking up astra1, hotbird and turksat. Can anyone tell what the diseq settings should be for each. I have a choice of the following:-

diseqc can be either #1 or #2 or #3
comitted can be eiher #1, #2, #3 or #4
uncomitted can be #1 up to #16
diseqc repeat can be either off, 1 or 2

It seems when I store channels, I get 'bad signal' on quite a lot of channels even though I have just done a re-scan. I should be able to get sky news but no matter what settings I use, the box doesn't seem to pick it up. Is this down to the settings or the box. I have an arcelik AS-510D.

Thanks

DJJE.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you are using a DiseqC four way switch, then you need to check which LNB is connected to which port on the switch and set the receiver accordingly, you should only need to set it to four way DiseqC and then set A, B or C (1, 2, 3).

PS. that's an unfortunate name for a receiver. :-lmao

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
LOL I was thinking the same thing O-Ha

Looking at DJJE's previous posts, he seems to have a communal system (?)
Maybe he doesn't have access to the switch?

Llew

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Right, solved that problem, have merged the threads, seems silly to start from scratch and have to ask the same questions again. :)

If you have two satellites available on your communal system, then it can only be A and B, or 1 and 2, depends on how they have setup the switch, as to which is which.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Right, solved that problem, have merged the threads, seems silly to start from scratch and have to ask the same questions again. :)

If you have two satellites available on your communal system, then it can only be A and B, or 1 and 2, depends on how they have setup the switch, as to which is which.

I do seem to be picking up the 3 satellites mentioned. Someone in the block of apartments have paid for turksat for themselves but I seem to be picking it up aswell. I just need to understand what the settings do. I understand that I need to set the diseqc to 1 for astra, 2 for hotbird and 3 for turksat but what about the other settings.

diseqc can be either #1 or #2 or #3
comitted can be eiher #1, #2, #3 or #4
uncomitted can be #1 up to #16
diseqc repeat can be either off, 1 or 2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Only the first one should need setting.

When you say you pick up Turksat, are you actually able to watch any channels on turksat?

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Only the first one should need setting.

When you say you pick up Turksat, are you actually able to watch any channels on turksat?

Yes, able to watch Turksat. The free ones and the hacked ones.