DISEqC Setup

KEB

Reaction score
Hello,

We have just installed a Moteck SG 2100 DISEqC motor. The dish is in the same position as previously, perhaps six inches lower due to the motor tube. The location is on the wall of an outbuilding six feet above the ground between two bulidings and facing south.
Before we fitted the motor, Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird could be received buy manual adjustment.
Despite following the instructions to the letter, we are unable, as yet, to receive anything.
Is it ok to use our sat finder meter whlist connected between the Moteck motor and the LNB ?
In case the location is not now suitable, is it possible to use it on a stand alone pole, with no buildings to the rear of the dish ?
Before we bought the motor, we did install a dish on a pole in a stand alone position, which we thought was ideal having a clear field of view from east to west, but we failed to get a picture untill we moved it to its current location, though we did get a beep on our sat finder.
Any advice you could offer, woud be most welcome.

All the best,

Kristian.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can put the pole wherever you like as long as it is vertical and solidly mounted. If you are not getting a signal at all, it may suggest that the dish elevation is too high or low. Have you followed the setup procedure?

KEB

Reaction score
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for a couple of typos that I noticed sneeked in.
I would like to try the stand alone pole again as it is in the very best position.
Is there any restriction on the length of cable as it will have to run over 90ft from dish to receiver ?
So far on the wall mounted installation, I have followed the instructions to the letter, but obviously, something is wrong somewhere so I may start again down the garden.

All the best,

Kristian.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
90ft is on the long side, but have used longer runs. :) Providing that you have set your lattitude on the motor, you should then be able to find 1W and the rest will fall into place.

arfritus

Reaction score
My Location
Lincoln U.K.
Hi KEB
My meter survived being in circiut OK. Though I did wonder at the time if it might cook it.
I had to figure out from true south which signal I was getting by estimation - the Satfind meters pick up everything digital and analogue big fat signal might be analogue - digital box will not see anything.
KEB said:
Hello,

We have just installed a Moteck SG 2100 DISEqC motor. The dish is in the same position as previously, perhaps six inches lower due to the motor tube. The location is on the wall of an outbuilding six feet above the ground between two bulidings and facing south.
Before we fitted the motor, Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird could be received buy manual adjustment.
Despite following the instructions to the letter, we are unable, as yet, to receive anything.
Is it ok to use our sat finder meter whlist connected between the Moteck motor and the LNB ?
In case the location is not now suitable, is it possible to use it on a stand alone pole, with no buildings to the rear of the dish ?
Before we bought the motor, we did install a dish on a pole in a stand alone position, which we thought was ideal having a clear field of view from east to west, but we failed to get a picture untill we moved it to its current location, though we did get a beep on our sat finder.
Any advice you could offer, woud be most welcome.

All the best,

Kristian.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I found that my (Lidl) signal meter does not work correctly if connected at the same time as my motor. Just drive the motor to the correct angle for your reference satellite (corrected for your longitude) then disconnect the motor, connect the meter and adjust the dish until you find the signal.

KEB

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied to my question. After re locating the dish and adjusting, every thing fell into place.

Thanks again,

Kristian.