Diseqc with Hauppauge?

J

Jim

I have a motorised dish using 36v motor and driven by a Philips D2MAC receiver/positioner. I don't use the Philips any more except to drive the dish between satellites which I then view with the Hauppauge PC card.

The Hauppauge software has a config section for mini-diseqc and diseqc 1.0. Does anyone know if this would work with a diseqc to 36v positioner/converter (eg as sold by Astratech). Or is the diseqc supported by Hauppauge only for LNB switching?

If I can't use diseqc, what else can I do to drive my dish?

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should get 4 positions from DiseqC 1.0 into a converter Jim, 1.2 should give you 8 I believe, but this is untested ground for me, as I have a DiseqC positioner awaiting installation with my Pentamedia, but have only just got my PC working again, I'll probably try and get it up and running next week some time.

Rolf

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Never did get the motor set up Jim, wonder if you had any luck. I've removed my card from the PC as I've bought a stand alone receiver that works with the Freecam (couldn't get the Penta to work with it).

Rolf