DISH ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS?

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT, My webtv won't let me open the prodelins files. jack n chicago I can go to the site but 1305 file (this item we cann't use) webtv say.It wont let me in.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Probably the most appropriate manual wold be the one for the 2.4 centrefed unit as it uses a 5" post

This is the link

http://www.prodelin.com/4096/4096-356.pdf

First three pages after the unpacking list should be what is required

J

jackpeas

HI CH,My webtv won't let me open the file up.Thank you,I think I can put the 5'' pipe to the west side of the old one.I am hoping that this don't stop me from getting the other sat(trees) The old one is in a good spot. It would be to hard to dig it up and installed the new one.When I get the5''pipe install I will cut the3''pipe down.Are you sure Its 5'' OD pipe, It seem pretty big and heavy. 5''OD x21'ft ok.Now I am having problem with my feed (f/d 36'') I am getting odds on one sat and even on the next, This with a 2c&2ku no servo motor. I don 't get it. I get the samething with a feed with a servo motor. I found my chaparral installtion manual book. C-band vertical top and c-band horizonal left, ku horizonal right,ku vertical bottom. I can't tell which one is top or bottom, How can you tell when your lnb is vertical or horizonal(c-band is at 12 oclock is vertical) I am talking about ku, I may have it turn the wrong way down or up. I go by the writing on the lnb the mean the face, The F connector could go anywhere. Thank you jackp n Chicago

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi Jack peas,
sorry not to be following the updates at the moment- I am currently travelling in the US (Atlanta area).
If you believe the new position for the pole will potentially be obstructed by trees, then then the best solution is dig up the old pole. if you can dig one side of the post completely out you can then normally pull out the concrete block with a nice big Dodge truck ! believe me it works pretty well, i Have seen many do this in the US- providing there are no buildings close taht could be damaged.
either way

if you can get to the ADl site , if i remember there is a download PDF file.

can you explain on a GE3(87.0) the c band and ku band channels that you can or can not recieve - only vertical or horizontal C or KU or all ?

Regards

Old Satellite

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT, My pole is located between the garrage and my camper, To pull it out I don't know.Remember this is a 21'ft pipe 5 or 6ft in the ground or maybe more.I got a lot cement in there.I will check it again. I cann't get close to it with a truck I will have to take some more picture.ok W3 amc3@87 deg (I am getting ch-14 turner classic movie, ch-20,ch-24 not getting ch-15 ktla, on the ku side not getting ch-600 pbs station and this what happen on the rest of the sat, I get some odds ch and I get some even ch. With no servo motor and with a servo motor. I am just tring to watch something. I can get AMC-4 (c-4) that coming in good. Thank you guys jackp n Chicago

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi jack,

The G3 is relitevely new and good signal levels for most of the c and KU channels.

I understand currently that the feed horn is set near vertical or at 11:00 am is that correct ? try rotating the feed horn to 45 degrees and then check just the G3 signals intially and feedback the results.

As i said previously sorry for the delay in replying but i am travelling in the US at this time for the next week or so.

Old Satellite

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT,I remove my ADL 2c&2ku feed and installed ADL C/ku feed with a servo motor. I am still getting odds on one sat and even on the next,but Iam getting the digitals on k3 ch600And others sat too. Let me tell you what I did,you know I have 1 1/2 pvc pipe cut to 36''(I also cut broom stick to set the feed, I cut a wood stick to 35 5/8'' another one to 36'' long.) With ladder and tv at the dish tring to set the feed. After I remove the adl 2c/2ku feed , I install the adlc/ku feed. Now I tried to use the sticks to set the f/d but it did not work. It would pop in and pop out. I tried to set it to the 36 mark on the side no luck.But when I started to turn the feed the digitals on k-3 ch600 pbs came in.Then I took out the stick and it went away, so I push it in all the way. She pop in and I left it their. Its better atlease I can watch something. Maybe when I get the HH mount thing will be better. C-4 is coming in good but iam getting odds ch on some sat(like my servo motor is bad. I have not had abad servo motor because I am changing the out.) Thank you jackp n Chicago

J

jackpeas

HI Guys, I am tring to get so more input on the horizon to horizon mount.So I will know what to do when I get one how to put it together(setup).I am total confuse about my feedhorns,All I would do take one off and put another on and it work. I am thinking about getting a c/ku lnbf lnb no servo motor.Seem like a good Ideal.Give me a site on the HH mount so I can check for prices, Tell me the best HH mount.Their is not a lot of sat-dealers around me.Thank you jackp n Chicago I have miss a lot of my subscribtion plus Iam don't get the baseball game on my fta rec, I am a LA Dodger fan all my life.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi Jack,

The best H-H mount you can buy for your dish is possibly the one from DH themselves, it is a nice chain driven mount if i remember.? they also do a very nice AZEL MOUNT twin drive - difficult to set up a normal system!

You could also purchase the KTI horizon to horizon mount should be also ok on your 3.0 mtr- as i said previously i updated the orignal steelwork on my 3.7mtr.

It is a nice mount and the worm/chain drive is strong and accurate.

Its designed for a minimum 5 " pole

Best of care

Sorry about the delay still travelling a great deal

Old Satellite

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT, I email DH satellite asking for booklet and info on their HH mount. They are talking about big buck. She said my dish has the 48'' ring on it, I would have to have new hole for the 60'' ring. She was saying a new dish/HH mount over $2000. So I went another way and reinstalled my wineguard 10ft quarstar dish. My wine is not in good shape as like I thourgh. Too much play in bearing( the dish is loose as a goose(hard to pick up station), she move al over the place) I will try to tighten the two bolts(1 on the top abd 1 on the bottom) for the bearing. Otherwise of to the junk yard. My problem with my feed. The skew (v 30 h-60) this was happen on every sat. When the dish was on the ground I tried to set the feed to 41 ''And 34 om the side.This kinda let the solid dish out(the 48'' ring) What is the next best HH mount mesh dish? just as good as my wineguard. I dont know to much about the best dish(mesh) Warren said he thourgh the solid was out of line or not straight across the face. I maybe getting a new mesh soon. Thank you

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear jack

You realise you started looking at a solution over two months ago !

It sounds suspiciously like you have better luck with th old dish matter how much it moves.

I would seriously look at sending everything back to Vincor and tell them to give you a refund.

Sometimes even mans best friend needs to be put to rest

J

jackpeas

HI CH, I will be sending my wineguard to the junkyard.I don't know what to do about the 10ft solid? Well vincor don't care, I will have to eat this one . Maybe off to junkyard with the solid too. If get another dish it will be HH mount chain drive mesh dish. Thanks

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dont you have rights in the US over supplied goods, poor material/not fit for the purpose/bad technical advice ?

At the very least find out what Vicor will do for you

Did you pay by credit card ? You have additional insurance if you did

J

jackpeas

HI CH, Yes we have rights and laws to protect you from such thing,But I just go another way. You are right about the 2 month.I could be watching all of my movie ch,(showtime,starz, and others) Now tell what's go no in your part of the world (sat-tvro)? I have not got any new equipment yet.The big dish market is dying. You can get sat repairman out to repair your dish. All I hear dbs(little dish,dish network.directv)I have a direct- tv receiver and 2 dish(they are give them away) I will keep you updated.Thank big guy

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
hi Jack,

Sorry to hear about the continued problems, I have heard before from other customers that Vincor are not willing to help.
As for the DH you can fit the KTI ( the old AJAK Design) mount as far as I know and it still on the market as per the previous thread. and it is not to expensive.

Still worth trying the legal options has channel hopper its a lot of money youve spent

regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
From Vicors own website

Commitment
Simply put, we do the job right or we don't do it at all. Vincor's extremely high level of customer satisfaction has come from working closely with each and every client, forging a partnership that ensures reliability, consistency and productivity.

AND

A Message from our President

"Anybody can put up an antenna. It's knowing how to optimize its performance and installing it properly and expediently that interests me. With today's applications for ESA, the installation of your equipment can alter your revenue results. When our crews arrive on site, the mentality is 'partnership.' We work with you until the end. The job is done the right way." -- Anthony D. Vinezeano

The 'we work with you until the end' is something you should really emphasise if you get to make that call

Their claiims to have installers working to solve problems over the whole of the States is something you can take to the top. You have bought equipment, it doesnt seem to have been supplied as the manufacturer originally intended (3 inch post and polarmount for a 10' solid !!!!)

I think you can get it checked out and running by calling Vicor, or get a full refund if they find that it doesnt track as you have done. Posting your woes online will work wonders, trust me

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Sorry, forgot the icing on the cake

Call us toll free at 1-888-284-6267.

You cant go wrong

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT,I thank you guys for all the help. Sometime thing happen and you move on.I have sent KTI a email about HH 180 mount.

J

jackpeas

HI CH,I have move on to my next job.I don't give up.I just move on. Their are not many sat-tvro dealers around to sell sat equipment.I am looking to get a HH mount mesh dish.And I cann't find it. They should be kicking my door in tring to sale me their dish.I get so many email from dishnet,direct tv.I am think about the dishnetwork receiver,Ihave the lnb already. Thank you jackp I have direct tv dishs and receiver.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear jackpeas

If you had the working large antenna a few months ago, maybe you would not now be contemplating DirecTV

I would add this predicament in any claim for damages as fatigue derived from a failure of equipment supplied by Vincor