DISH ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS?

J

jackpeas

HI CH,I am nutty .But iam think of the new dish(FLAT or panel dish) Its going to be at 2002 sat show.I have been hearing great report about it.I think this one would stop al my dish hunting.and get rid of some of my sat-equip.4dtv forum delphi.com Thank you big guy jackp

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi Jack Peas,

Just Back from my travelling, unfortunte that I was only in the south of the US, or may be I could have helped?

Have you tried if anyone at DH is willing outside of normal hours to assist?

Its a lot of money invested and may be they might help?, Maybe Vincor might be more willing to assist you also if you can apply pressure by means of letters and website formus in the US etc ?

Any ways best of care .

Regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Quite right

What have you got to lose ?

I doubt there will be as much to see thats interesting with the small dish

J

jackpeas

HI OLD SAT, Hi big guy I just got back in town myself.I got a new 24'' arm from satmart Its A venture. My 36''venture was giving me actuator error.I have not installed it yet. Its the one with the booth on it.A new ku lnb,servo motor,Diseqc switch. I took down my wineguard dish and put back my solid dish all by myself.Thank guys

J

jackpeas

HI CH, I have 2 dbs dish and a directv receiver.I have another dbs lnb on my big dish. That why I want to get it align.I can have 3 receivers running at the same time. I had to cut some lims from the trees across southwest of me. I am still working on it. thank you

J

jackpeas

Hi Guys, I am back. I order from satmart 500' ft of rg6 ribbon cable,24'' arm. new coroto feedhorn. I was thinking that the cause of al the problems I am having is the cable and servo motor.That why the new cable and feed. Here what happen, I installed the feed and cable.I tried to set it where the old one was but I was getting a low reading.So I move to 1 oclock and that where it is now.I will have to get a sat-tech repairman out here to get it right. I am not get odds on one sat even on the next.They are coming in the way they are suppose to. I know my alignment is off. Thank you guys

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Just back form my Holidays so, Its great to see that you are still continuing to resolve the problems.

Normally the Polor rotor is set to 11:00 with respect to the Zennith (highpoint) axis of the dish.

Which co rotor did you buy ADI or Chapperal ?

I have both ADI and chapperals and the ADI are better the RP1 400 is very good .

let us know if we can help?

Old Satellite

J

jackpeas

HI Old Sat,It was a chaparral feed.No gold ring,no arrow for installing.I am getting all the ch (odds and even) You are righ about 11 oclock,But maybe I am close to 12 oclock then 1 oclock.My renewal for my digital is coming up $219 plus the cost of what ever movie ch I want. So this hobby is costly.Thank big guy

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Dear Jackpeas

It doesnt have to be costly, just take a bit if time and see which parts absolutely have to be checked and which parts are happy as they are. Get an independent assesor in to give you a breakdown and a report on the existing kit, plus an idea in writing of what can be received for the additional money

I think youve spent far too much already

J

jackpeas

HI Ch,My digital package is for my 4dtv receiver to get the extras channels.If It was not for the digital, satellite for me would be dead. I will have to get this sat-repairman tech. out to align it first. Let me tell what's going on now amc7-ch7@137 fox good,C4@135-qvc,shn,I am getting all my digital 100 thru 600 all ch come in good.G1@133 ch5 bad all ch hard to see but Iam getting some digital 600to604 but I am missing some digital,C3@131 ch7 I can see it but not clear no digital.T7@129 2 digital ch, G9 I can't get, G5 ch3 Ican see it but not clear,GO ch24 not clear digital Iam getting them. E1 ch14 Ican see it but not clear.M5 nothing, E2 sometime, F1 andA2 is very hot but I stay away.W1&K1@103 come in very good.W4 ch9 and the digital ok. G4& X4 ,t5&l5,G3& X3,T6& l6,Gb& Xb,T4L4,W3 K3@87 W2 K2 all good. My actutor stop after that.Thank you

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi Jack ,seams to be a little better the satellite's that you confirm are quite a few , from those that you appear to still have, a problem with, i think it is due to either a declination offset or skew adjustment.

From your current setup it appears that you do not see the satellite's from the east side eg nss806 at 40.0 etc is that correct ?

From the satellites you can receive though, it would suggest for the moment that the dish alignment is not to far out? as with a 3.0 mtr you are limited by the beamwidth to be within less than 1.0 degree of the selected orbital arc to receive the satellites that you can.

If you have no luck with KTI for the h-h mount don't forget to try the Jaeger agents model number KM1012 as they now manufacture the unit.(old Ajack design)

www.jaeger.com.tw/tvro/goetrack/g_mount/mount_geotrack_1.htm
There is a mistake on the size of the dish on thier site it is 3.7 mtr and is the same as the KTI mount

Regards

Old Satellite

jackpeas

Reaction score
My Location
Chicago,IL
Old Satellite said:
Hi Jack ,seams to be a little better the satellite's that you confirm are quite a few , from those that you appear to still have, a problem with, i think it is due to either a declination offset or skew adjustment.

From your current setup it appears that you do not see the satellite's from the east side eg nss806 at 40.0 etc is that correct ?

From the satellites you can receive though, it would suggest for the moment that the dish alignment is not to far out? as with a 3.0 mtr you are limited by the beamwidth to be within less than 1.0 degree of the selected orbital arc to receive the satellites that you can.

If you have no luck with KTI for the h-h mount don't forget to try the Jaeger agents model number KM1012 as they now manufacture the unit.(old Ajack design)

www.jaeger.com.tw/tvro/goetrack/g_mount/mount_geotrack_1.htm
There is a mistake on the size of the dish on thier site it is 3.7 mtr and is the same as the KTI mount

Regards

Old Satellite
(03/26/05)Hi i got my dish align/I had 3 satrepairman out to my house.The last guy got it right and now it align.About 2 month back,I started to have video problem with my coroto plus feed#1.So I replace the lnb/not wanting to move the feed.Didn't help much,I replace it with pansat orthomode feed no servo motor.Still have the same problem.(this mean that its not the servo motor)Ok rplace the 4dtv 922 with the 920, and replace the ribbon cables,Change out pansat 4 lnb feed to coroto#2,#3 ,same problem.I made up a servo motor cables to test the servo motor.They buzz and the probe move,.I have change out all I can .help